Marshall on KGSO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall on KGSO

Did anyone hear the interview this morning and, if so, would you like to report on it? I missed it. Thanks.
    Wear your seatbelt.

I caught the tail end of the interview… sorry for throwing this together quickly during a coffee break… not sure about the formatting?

1. Said he feels very good about the recruits we have on the line.
    2. Reiterated this statement… “Recruiting is like shaving… you miss a day and you look like a bum.”
    3. Recruiting hard for ’09 and ’10… AAU tournaments are starting, etc… this makes me feel pretty good that he may have the horses lined up for next year… see #1
    4. Said he was concerned at first when Dr. Beggs called him Monday about losing his boss… it’s the first time it’s ever happened to him (losing a boss)… Schaus was the one who “recruited” him to WSU… after speaking with Dr. Beggs, he understands why he left and doesn’t have any worries… everyone will be able to spend time with his new boss at the upcoming golf tournament on May 5th… I would assume the list has already been narrowed down considerably.
    5. He will meet with Dr. Beggs and Jim Schaus at 11:00 today to continue “discussing the vision for the future of Shocker Basketball.” Believe me, they have very, very high aspirations and are shooting high… something a guy like KC Shox would never understand. Sorry KC, just bustin’ your chops.
    6. Talked about the golf tournament… the auction on May 3rd and the actual tournament May 5th at Crestview Country Club… they currently have 30 teams signed up and would like to have the optimum of 40. Call 978-3135 for more information and to sign up… get yourself a team… he stressed that this is critical for the future of our program. The tournament is a vital part of having a “top level” program… it allows a first class training table at home and on the road, traveling first class and recruiting at a very high level.
    7. That’s all I heard folks!

P.S. FWIW... Marshall said he's very excited about next year when he'll have his own players... he's lookin' forward to coaching his "babies."
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Talked about Gal leaving, he sounded like Gal wanted to come back, but Marshall he needed to know for sure right now. He said told Gal even if he 98% sure he wanted to come back, then he prolly needed to go, because he wanted 100% certainly that he was gonna be here in the fall. Talked about the golf tourney, how its important to the mens basketball team. Then he said that recruiting is gonna start back up this week. Sound pretty confidence that he is gonna get the guys he wants, and also he will be recruiting for 09 fall.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

He complimented the baseball team on its win last night, its 22 of 23 streak and said something to the effect of: 'I can't wait to get out to Eck Stadium'.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          Then he said that recruiting is gonna start back up this week. Sound pretty confidence that he is gonna get the guys he wants, and also he will be recruiting for 09 fall.
          So we should expect some news on new recruits in 7-10- days?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            Then he said that recruiting is gonna start back up this week. Sound pretty confidence that he is gonna get the guys he wants, and also he will be recruiting for 09 fall.
            My answer would be yes. :good:
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
              He complimented the baseball team on its win last night, its 22 of 23 streak and said something to the effect of: 'I can't wait to get out to Eck Stadium'.
              I talked to HCGM a little at one of the first baseball games. Can't remember which one but as usual, his face lit up when talking about recruits. Everytime I speak to this man he amazes me:)

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU

My answer, for what it's worth, would also be yes and perhaps a little sooner than that.

Comment

With AAU tournaments starting soon news should start to flow about future classes as well. I believe the Boo Williams is this weekend. It'd be nice to get in with some of the talent that will be there.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    Originally posted by WstateU

My answer, for what it's worth, would also be yes and perhaps a little sooner than that.
                    Doc your answer is worth alot around here :wsu_posters:
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

OK, I'm getting excited.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

I am sure now that the moritorium surrounding the Final Four that we will begin hearing something.

My curiosity surrounds which, if any, current players are looking to possibly leave. Or, in addition to that, may be asked to leave.

Gregg's excitement is encouraging, but other than in the middle of the season when we couldn't get a break, when isn't he excited about basketball? That is what I love about the man. He has a love for this game that is madly contagious. He is LOVING the fan support he gets at Wichita State. He is LOVING the recruits he has coming in.

Man, not to sound like a McDonald commercial...but I'M LOVING IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X