New NBA Age Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NBA Age Limit?

The one and done players might be short lived as the NBA will consider requiring two years in college before going pro.

This is great news as it means we will have Ellis for another year. :yahoo:
    In the fast lane

Yes this is great, 3 would be fantastic! :yahoo:

Comment

Hmmm

Inasmuch as Aaron's impressive finale that fell just short of a 20-10 game left him without a double-double in his career so far, and that Marshall has even spoken of redshirting him next year, methinks old trop may be pulling our collective leg just a bit here.

When it comes to Ellis jumping early to the NBA, as our sage might say, I'm not worried.

Comment

I sincerely hope AE is a first round NBA pick and I further hope he demonstrates this tremendous potential during his next three years with the Shocks.

Comment

i think he might have been talking about Perry Ellis the wichita stud thats in 8th grade.

or maybe he was joking about AE...
          but i doubt it
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
            i think he might have been talking about Perry Ellis the wichita stud thats in 8th grade.

or maybe he was joking about AE...
            but i doubt it
            I think that's a prett good catch nqBW! :good:
            SFL is back!

Comment

The higher the minimum, the harder it will be for mid-majors to beat those teams who recruit a bunch of NBA players who bolt after the minimum amount of years. The reasons the mid-majors beat those teams is they have the experience that the "NBA" teams don't have.

Comment

I wouldn't joke about AE. I have tremendous hope and respect for him. However, this potential change will not effect him.
                In the fast lane

Comment

I've always wondered why the NBA doesn't just go with what baseball has done. Go pro after High School or go to college for 3 years.
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                    I've always wondered why the NBA doesn't just go with what baseball has done. Go pro after High School or go to college for 3 years.
                    same here.

I dont have a problem with the age limit. I encourage it. The mid majors will always be able to beat the big boys the way they do now. Eventually some of those big boys are going to come to a school like ours.

Besides going to college doesnt have to be an option for these kids. The main thing about the age limit is they have to be out of high school for a year before going to the NBA draft. Whats to stop them from bypassing college and going to Europe or signing with a team on the indy league. *outside of the exposure they get in the NCAA*

Comment

Baseball definately does it the right way.

One loophole is that Juco baseball guys can be drafted. If they ever go with baseball rules for basketball, we could see Jucos getting some incredible talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Harley
                        Baseball definately does it the right way.

One loophole is that Juco baseball guys can be drafted. If they ever go with baseball rules for basketball, we could see Jucos getting some incredible talent.
                        It probably won't matter anyway. I doubt the NBA Players Association will let this go through. They'll just call it racist and move on.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I have to agree with AndShock. Age limits is bad news for mid-majors. Look at how far the one year wonders got the big boys this year (UCLA, Memphis, K-State). Without the one year wonders, those teams would not have gotten to where they did, and those spots could have potentially gone to mids. I think the gap has expanded with this rule.

And speaking of more bad rule changes, moving the three point line back is another way to put more space between the BCS and the rest of the world. Minimize the great equalizer.

Comment

Working...
                          X