What Is So Special About July 1, 1999?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
    Wow, tough crowd. You do realize that the median basketball team would be 150 in RPI/KenPom and go to neither the NCAA or NIT.
    It seems like we have this argument at least once a year, usually in the slow period like now. I'm not a huge Turgeon fan, but to discount his accomplishments one had to either not be paying attention in the 1990's, been pulling a Rip van Winkle, or not born. Again, Randy Smithson was an improvement, results-wise, over the two previous coaches. Mark did a great job for most of his tenure here. We improved every year except for his last. No doubt he either mailed it in his last year or so in recruiting, or just flat out missed. Let's not forget that HCGM has had a recruiting class or two blow up. He just stuck around to patch things up. Turgeon has had some success at the two stops post WSU, so he's not one of these guys that took a Sweet Sixteen run to a one time payday and then flamed out. The man can coach basketball and we are better for him having been at WSU.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
      Wow, tough crowd. You do realize that the median basketball team would be 150 in RPI/KenPom and go to neither the NCAA or NIT.
      The scope of schools/conferences in D-I basketball is far reaching. I assumed the discussion was about coaches who are, were, or trying to coach at the highest level of D-I and making comparisons of how well we thought they fit into that group. For the most part, those in that group who are consistently "average" (.500), probably aren't coaching within that group very long. In other words, you have to be pretty decent just to hold on to your job or you're not even in the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        There are some classics:

This is very obviously a rational poster who is good at framing detailed arguments with logical support.
        This coming from a turd who thinks he's a qualified judge of character. Since when does someone's opinion need a frame?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          This coming from a turd who thinks he's a qualified judge of character. Since when does someone's opinion need a frame?
          It's time to lay off Play Angry. Whatever ax you have to grind, grind it somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            I do not profess to be a qualified judge of character (although your defense of accusations hurled at our beat writer is disappointing but not surprising). However, although your burgeoning obsession with my posts across all forums on this site is concerning, I suggest that we get down to brass tacks, bub.

Why do you display an albino jayhawk in your avatar as it tries to fly away with a devout, unsuspecting soul (no doubt dragging him to watch a Beaker game in a pachouli scented coffee bar specializing in kale-flavored almond milk lattes)? As noted above, although I do not profess to be a qualified judge of character, I would venture a guess that the poor gentleman whose likeness you have appropriated is no fan of forced Jayhawk fandom, and its portrayal is troubling. Worshiping such false avian deities (at least on Shocker boards) is both detestable and embarrassing, and I encourage you to stop before you sully your undoubtedly pristine reputation as a level-headed, affable WSU enthusiast without fixation on memes or bizarre and transparent affinities for trolling a message board of fans with whom you supposedly share rooting kinship. Your sins may be absolved, with time, but no small amount of blustering and hollow anti-Lawrence statements will do the trick, as these blasphemies (from your point of view, clearly, not the actual Shocker fans on this board) would be obviously insincere attempts at gaining our trust and friendship only to expose ourselves to a fate similar to the one you have so brazenly chosen to depict alongside each and every post you make. The road to forgiveness is long and difficult, and fraught with many distractions - gone must be your shrines to Mario Chalmers, Roy Williams, and yes, even your imitation Dali of Greg Ostertag in the buff. Goodbye to all heathen distractions. In their place, you must donate to SASO the funds you have been directing toward supporting the dark arts of KU fandom, and you must train your voice to perform Greggorian chants of Hail Wichita and the WSU Alma Mater. Years, maybe decades even, will pass whilst onlookers view these acts while harboring knowledge of your true nature, which you will feebly deny.

However, one day (and hopefully soon), Wichita State will win a national championship and that year will be a year of jubilation and forgiveness. Past misdeeds will be washed clean, contrite Jayhawk apostates will be blessed by Wu Shock, and then, and only then, will forgiveness be bestowed and your transition to Shocker fandom will be complete. May we all look forward to such a day when you will be welcome among us and not looked down upon with shame, embarrassment and scorn.

But seriously, you are creepy and should find another poster to shadow.

Comment

This is why it is best to remain quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and confirm it.

Comment

Very true, pogo. This is also why the Ignore function was created. I used it to great effect with one of our former posters who followed me around, and once I started he never bothered me anymore -- he may have tried, but even if so I didn't see it. So I'd recommend it to anyone -- it makes SN life much more pleasant.

Comment

Working...
                X