Question for Shocker Fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Shocker Fans...

When Schaus hired Gregg Marshall last year, were there others in the running, and if so, who? Just wondering because OUr basketball coach is interviewing with Providence now and we may be in the market for a new one sooner than later. Thanks for any insight. It seems Schaus left you in very good position.

Shaus--the professional person he was/is never really tipped his hat publically on who was on his list last year, but speculation was that Oral Roberts' coach Sutton was a leading candidate. Beyond that, I don't know. I honestly think that Gregg Marshall was his #1 and therefore was his main focus.

Good luck--you've gotten a great leader in Jim Shaus.

Comment

One thing you can look forward to--Jim Schaus will handle all of the hiring for the athletic department. He will be solely responsible for everything pertaining to the hiring/firing process. This fact has served him very well at Wichita State. Just look at his track record.

Comment

Congrats bobcats....Jim will be sorely missed. The truth is ..he has a magic box ...he will get you exactly what you need and more. God Bless Jim, his wife and family and all that he endeavors to do.
        1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Maybe Coop should go get the job at Ohio. Everyone says he needs head coaching experience if he ever wants a shot here.... :D
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Question for Shocker Fans...

Originally posted by bobcatbobcatbobcat
            When Schaus hired Gregg Marshall last year, were there others in the running, and if so, who? Just wondering because OUr basketball coach is interviewing with Providence now and we may be in the market for a new one sooner than later. Thanks for any insight. It seems Schaus left you in very good position.

Let's see, Ohio is closer to home for Marshall too.

Comment

Yeah, but the support for Ohio Basketball is much different than here. 4500 per game in a nice 13K seat mp arena.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989

I dont say much against anyone...and maybe your comment is out of frustration...but thats just idiocy
                1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker

I dont say much against anyone...and maybe your comment is out of frustration...but thats just idiocy
                  Don't worry... just check out shox1989's other posts. :whistle:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Much has been said of his accomplishments, good hires and decisions. And I agree with all of them. Off the top of my head there are three bad hires/decisions that stick out:

1. His very first hire: Judy Favor (softball).
                    2. Hiring Jane Albright (didn't look that bad at the time, but ended up that way).
                    3. The logo debacle.

But overall his affect here was overwhelmingly positive, and it can't be understated, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker

I was reacting to Marshall's comments in the Eagle. I was trying to be kind of funny too.

Comment

Working...
                      X