Ed Hightower......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjl
    Hightower totally reminds me of the scene in Naked Gun where Leslie Nielson finds himself in an umpire uniform behind the plate at the Dodgers game.

No, not the beginning, but once he gets into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjI7P74cAJA

GREAT call rjl
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It looked like he was auditioning to play the part of a basketball official in a bad 70's-era, made-for-TV mini-series with original soundtrack by Love Unlimited.

Comment

Did Mario Chalmers earn the MVP award tonight? I don't think he did.

I think Eddie's intense officiating should have won him the award.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Originally posted by rjl
          Hightower totally reminds me of the scene in Naked Gun where Leslie Nielson finds himself in an umpire uniform behind the plate at the Dodgers game.

No, not the beginning, but once he gets into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjI7P74cAJA

GREAT call rjl
          ENRICO PALLAZZO!!

Comment

I was shocked to hear Hightower announced at the start of the game. Even my dad who's a casual BB fan remembered him as someone who MT had problems with.

Even more surprising, I only noticed him a few times during the game.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11

According to Nancy Boy and Fudge Packer, Rose had the MVP award locked up when he got his 10th point of the game in the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock
                Originally posted by Shoxfan11

According to Nancy Boy and Fudge Packer, Rose had the MVP award locked up when he got his 10th point of the game in the 2nd half
                I think they would have given it to CDR if Memphis had won. He had the acceptance speech tattooed on his arm. :yes:

Comment

I thought Sherron was more vital to them this weekend then Mario.

but thats just IMO

Comment

I really have a question about last nights game and i guess its just me...but when the memphis player slammed the ball onto the court and it goes 20 feet in the air.....How in the world is that not a technical? If it was one of our games I cant see it not being called. Should it ...or maybe better yet could it of been called?
                    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Billy (the moron) Packer said it was a great no-call, because the kid was mad at himself. WTF? I suppose the next time one of them screams the F-word, as long as you can read his mind, and know whe he is mad at; then you can decide whether to T his butt up or not. Packer should not be walking around without a guardian. I will never (NEVER EVER) again listen to any broadcast he is on.

Comment

I think the chronicles of Packard and his idiocy is fairly well covered on shocker net. I think a search of his name through the shockernet archives would look like a google search about water and shut down the site.

but should that of been a technical?
                        1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

many of people have said that "you shouldnt call that in the championship game"

I say if you would call it during the season you call it during the championship as well.

I was gracious that they let them play.

Comment

As demonstrative as it was..I can only think that the reason it was not called was that it was late in the NCG...if it was in the first half..I really cannot see it getting the pass it got. Maybe it is a good no call...but I know if it was us....thats a technical

Comment

It probably would have gotten a pass anytime during the game because it was his own frustration with himself and everybody knew it. Yes, it could have been called but I doubt it would in most games in the NCAA.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                                Even more surprising, I only noticed him a few times during the game.
                                He had one magnificent move on an out of bounds ball where he did some weird motion that looked like a traveling call but it went on for like 3 seconds and then then he finally pointed Memphis' way. I'm not sure if it was on TV or not but if it wasn't it should have been. It went on forever.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X