Zach Brown In Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Brown In Poland

Shout out to Sara Orr Jones for posting this on Facebook's "The Shocker Faithful" group. I'll post the link at the bottom of the post.

Zach is playing with Athletes In Action and will be in Poland for 10 days.

He visited an orphanage and posted this on Instagram

Today I visited an orphanage and met a little girl that touched my heart in more ways than one. As soon as I walked in the building this ambitious 3 year old girl named Julia came up to me offered some tea she made and gave me a tour of everything in her house in Polish! Even with a language barrier we still managed to have fun. We bounced on a Trampoline, I pushed her on a swing and played games with her and much more. Even though she may not remember the time we spent together later on in her life I will always remember this day as she was so open to love and be happy and enjoy her circumstances even though she was in a tougher situation than I have ever faced in my life. It brought joy and tears to my eyes being able to meet this girl who made me feel blessed by showing me how grateful and joyous you should be in any form of adversity you face in your everyday life. Btw she also told me today was the first time she ever saw a black person in real life so that right there already told me a lot about her. A lot of us can learn from this little girl. Thank you Julia from the bottom of my heart. I hope I get to meet you again someday.
    Here's the link to The Shocker Faithful

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

That's Awesome! We have some outstanding young men in our program for sure!!! And well written by Zach btw...
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Just wow. Proud to be a Shocker.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

There are things in life more important than basketball. I am glad that Zach is getting to have this life-changing experience.
        78-65

Comment

What a great story and what a most impressive, compassionate, and articulate young man Mr. Zack Brown is, both on and off the basketball court.

When he plays in Orlando this year, I hope I get the chance to tell him so - face-to-face.

Comment

Love it!
            Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

This will always be what I love most about our organization. Marshall continues to recruit some of the best character to our school. No matter the talent level, it's safe to say we're continually proud of the players we've had on our team. Zach is a class act and I can't wait to see what his senior season brings.

Comment

Working...
              X