No announcement yet.

The end of the one and done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if Vince McMahon decides to try and make a XBA instead of the NFL, his league would look almost identical to the NBA product we see today. The big difference would be the cheerleaders would be dating Charles Barkley instead of Jonathon Coachmen.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      This is an incorrect assessment of the NBA game. The NBA product is at an all-time high. We have incredible players who are young and more skilled than ever before. Even if guys like Jordan or Kareem or whoever are the best ever, I don't think there's ever been this much talent in the NBA.

The playoffs suck because of a broken contract system in the NBA. No system with a salary cap should allow a team with 3 all-stars to add one of the all-time best scorers to join the team.

But, if you've watched the finals so far, you've seen some incredible basketball. Even if the games aren't particularly close, Durant is just out of this world right now. LeBron's passes have been sensational. Curry is Curry.
      Yes there are good players. My issue is that for every Golden State, there are ten basically college teams.

Does anyone on here honestly watch the Kings, Suns, Timberwolves, Magic, 76ers, Pistons, Nets?

There are more irrelevant teams now than there were before. That is my issue.

I want the rules to change for kids to develop more in college so the NBA product is better.
      Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
        Yes there are good players. My issue is that for every Golden State, there are ten basically college teams.

Does anyone on here honestly watch the Kings, Suns, Timberwolves, Magic, 76ers, Pistons, Nets?

There are more irrelevant teams now than there were before. That is my issue.

I want the rules to change for kids to develop more in college so the NBA product is better.
        I actually watched a fair number of Timberwolves games because they were a ton of fun to watch this year. As noted, KAT is just a great, young player. The rest of those teams are admittedly pretty bad.

Who are the young players in the NBA ruining the game? In the NBA, if you aren't good enough, you don't get playing time. It's not like the NBA is worse because of guys like Nerlens Noel. He doesn't play, so he isn't making the game any worse. And for guys like Wiggins, what if he had been stuck in college? Who would replace him on the floor? Someone who is presently sitting on the bench (or, nearly by definition, someone worse than him).

I'm just saying your premise is flawed. Requiring the players to play in college an extra few years doesn't make the NBA product any better.

Comment

Also just look at this year's NBA draft.

Outside of what the first ten presumed picks, is anybody going to be making a significant impact in the league in the immediate future? Probably not.

Those are the players that need more seasoning.

Comment

Also just look at this year's NBA draft.

Outside of what the first ten presumed picks, is anybody going to be making a significant impact in the league in the immediate future? Probably not.

Those are the players that need more seasoning.
            As Jdshock says, your premise is flawed. Why can't NBA players receive their seasoning in the D League instead of the college game where many of them aren't motivated to attend college? That should be their farm system.

Comment

Then how come in the last 5-7 drafts there has been basically a 65-35 split of NBA teams taking college players and European players respectively?

We always sit there on draft night waiting for our college players to be taken and then we hear players we have never heard of before.

Comment

Then how come in the last 5-7 drafts there has been basically a 65-35 split of NBA teams taking college players and European players respectively?

We always sit there on draft night waiting for our college players to be taken and then we hear players we have never heard of before.
                I don't think I'm making my point clear. I'm asking how this would increase the quality of NBA players? I want to know:

1. A few specific examples of players who are getting playing time that should still be in college and
                2. Who would replace them that is better and presently in the NBA?

Unless you can find a replacement, it's not like your solution makes the NBA any better.

Comment

Working...
                X