Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sporting News Names Morris #7 Most Impactful Player That Withdrew froim the NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporting News Names Morris #7 Most Impactful Player That Withdrew froim the NBA Draft

Morris is considered one of the most important players to have withdrawn from the draft. His review wasn't terribly flattering.

The 6-8, 265-pound Morris is not an elite talent, but he gives the Shockers an essential presence in the middle.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Maybe not an elite talent, but his up and under move is pretty smoooth. His spin moves aint bad either. He's listed higher than some pretty decent players though.

What he doesn't have is elite heighth. Really only 6'7".

Comment

The thing I've noticed about Shaq (among many) is that he almost always wins the tip at the beginning of each game. I tried to find a way to go back and actually prove this assumption but box scores don't capture jump ball stats and I'm too lazy to go into YouTube and try to find all of last year's games to watch the tips.

I always thought it was pretty amazing that a guy who barely stands 6'8" constantly wins jump balls and to do so consistently all season long, no matter his opponent, and especially the taller ones. It just seems to me the Shocks almost always controlled the ball at the beginning of each game.

Am I the only one to think this?

Comment

I've noticed this as well. It seemed to me that he was able to time his jump to tip the ball just before it got to is zenith. He's damn good at it. 3G always wants his guys to be the fist one to the ball...guess it applies to the jump ball as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          The thing I've noticed about Shaq (among many) is that he almost always wins the tip at the beginning of each game. I tried to find a way to go back and actually prove this assumption but box scores don't capture jump ball stats and I'm too lazy to go into YouTube and try to find all of last year's games to watch the tips.

I always thought it was pretty amazing that a guy who barely stands 6'8" constantly wins jump balls and to do so consistently all season long, no matter his opponent, and especially the taller ones. It just seems to me the Shocks almost always controlled the ball at the beginning of each game.

I can only remember 1 that he lost. That was against ISU. They didn't out jump him, they just timed a quick poke before the ball fully got in the air.

Comment

Oh I certainly agree he wins a lot of them. And it's because he cheats, he touches the ball before it peaks, but it's close enough that refs don't bother calling a violation. It's incredibly clever and has zero risk, but someday someone will call it.

Comment

Let's hope Shaq prepares for his Senior Season this summer and his very best results will follow. Carl Hall did this and had a very solid Senior Season for the Shocks. Such efforts will be contagious as our Squad realizes just how special this Season could be. The experts sure think we can do it but our foes will not want to buy into all of this hype. Compare our undefeated squad to this one. Do we have 3-future NBA players playing for us now as we did then? Our schedule will be much tougher than it was that Season too. Right now, our overall quality depth will be incredible. Will our offense and defense be better than 13th in the Nation? Dunno, but we will really be good this Season and the tough schedule may be just what the Shocks need to bring out their very best for a solid Season with a Dance to remember. Seven solid Seniors has to be a glittering Shocker plus!!!!!!! Our 3 leaders should be Shaq, MM, and LS. October will be here before we know it.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I, too have been amazed at the number of Tips he wins. Especially since he is certainly not tall and is a pretty hefty young man.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  I, too have been amazed at the number of Tips he wins. Especially since he is certainly not tall and is a pretty hefty young man.
                  Shaq has quick feet that defy his incredible size. 270 pounders aren't supposed to be that quick.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

You could look at play by play and see which team made the first turnover, sot or made shot
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Don't know what qualifies as "elite" talent, but ask the kid from Arizona, that got dunked on, if Shaq is a good player, or ask the freshman big from Kentucky if Shaq is good. http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...139544518.html

Quote, "he tried to make a move once, (pause), I got the rebound." good stuff. Shaq is good enough to anchor a national championship team!

Comment

Shaq's good enough, and being described as a less than "elite" talent should be good motivation to prove that "at this level" he can play with, or better than, those who are "elite."

I hope Willis also learns a lesson this year about pre-game chatter and simply decides to outplay his opponents rather than talking about doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Shaq's good enough, and being described as a less than "elite" talent should be good motivation to prove that "at this level" he can play with, or better than, those who are "elite."

I hope Willis also learns a lesson this year about pre-game chatter and simply decides to outplay his opponents rather than talking about doing so.
                          I agree...The old adage "actions speak louder than words" speaks volumes. Elite teams should not needed added motivation. No one can quantify the extra intensity words can play as related to ones performance. Not saying it cost us the game, but we will never know. Hopefully lesson learned.

Comment

This article makes it sound like he's a Kyle O'Quinn.

When Shaq is mentally in the game he can dominate.

Will be a mismatch power forward at the next level.
                            Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              You could look at play by play and see which team made the first turnover, sot or made shot

That was my next search, if I ever get a round to it. Would be interesting to prove my point but I'm too lazy to look. Maybe I'll grab a cold one and do a little searching this afternoon after I cut the grass

Comment

Working...
                              X