Shocker seen in Belize bar . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker seen in Belize bar . . .

One of my technical support engineers just got back from installing some equipment on a Belize airlines aircraft (Country East of Guatemala) . Said the temp and humidity was brutal.
    Stopped in to the local beach pub to get a brew and check out what was on the wall (under the beer ad).
    Said he had a great time explaining what a wheat shock was and therefore a WUShock. Natives thought he was crazy. (Actually, he is. . .)

Attached Files
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

That is so cool. The Shockers have gone global, baby!

Comment

Here is a pic of WU on a ballcap (currently sitting in overwatch in my son's room) about to get after it with bad guys on a long range desert patrol in Iraq circa 2004-05.

Who else has pics of WU around the world?
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
        One of my technical support engineers just got back from installing some equipment on a Belize airlines aircraft (Country East of Guatemala) . Said the temp and humidity was brutal.
        Stopped in to the local beach pub to get a brew and check out what was on the wall (under the beer ad).
        Said he had a great time explaining what a wheat shock was and therefore a WUShock. Natives thought he was crazy. (Actually, he is. . .)

For years both Geology and Anthropology ran field schools in Belize. Some of the faculty have retired down there.

Comment

So thats where people that study fossils and primitive cultures retire to.

Comment

Been there a few times, it is hot and humid. The natives laugh at us gringos because we want air conditioning..If you go to Wet Willies bar (Ambrigris caye) you will see a Cowtown Ballroon tee shirt on the wall. A gift to Robert the bartenter and mgr from me.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I just returned from two weeks overseas. Was sitting at an outdoor cafe in Nimes, France, wearing a standard-issue Nike WSU Polo with "Wu" on it. Being surrounded by French-speakers, the last darn thing I thought I'd get would be recognition, but astonishingly enough, had two people in a matter of 30 minutes recognize Wu and comment on the shirt. Small world.

Comment

Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                I just returned from two weeks overseas. Was sitting at an outdoor cafe in Nimes, France, wearing a standard-issue Nike WSU Polo with "Wu" on it. Being surrounded by French-speakers, the last darn thing I thought I'd get would be recognition, but astonishingly enough, had two people in a matter of 30 minutes recognize Wu and comment on the shirt. Small world.
                How did they say "WU" en francais?
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  How did they say "WU" en francais?
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Parlay wu?
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

C'est la Vu

Comment

The first time I saw this thread I thought it was the opening of a Joke like a priest and a rabbi walk into.....

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          The first time I saw this thread I thought it was the opening of a Joke like a priest and a rabbi walk into.....
                          Have you heard the one about the pope and Raquel Welch?

"Those aren't booeys!"
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            Have you heard the one about the pope and Raquel Welch?

"Those aren't booeys!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Vacationing in the lake of the ozarks and staying at the four seasons,fellow in the elevator said nice shirt as I was sporting my favorite shocker shirt, I turn around and see he's wearing a swomo tee. Long story short after a few drinks at the bar is swomo is a sleeping giant and WSU is a coaching change away from becoming drake. Lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X