*** EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW SERIES...WDMT (What Does Mike Think PART 6 ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW SERIES...WDMT (What Does Mike Think PART 6 ***

I know I am guilty of this...being so focused on WSU men's sports that I don't focus enough on Shocker women's sports (shame on me). Mike was will to talk about some of the talented Lady Shockers with me.

SHOXMVC: "Mike, who has been the greatest female athlete to play at WSU and what female in your opinion had the biggest impact while participating here?"

Mike Kennedy: " As far as the greatest female athlete at WSU, and I'm basing that on all-around athletic ability, I have to hedge my vote and call it a tie between Alex Harden and Emily Stockman. Basketball requires a variety of skills and Alex had those, but she could have also excelled at other sports - I know the track coaches would like to have had her, and Emily was an exceptional leaper, was quick and had a great arm, and could have been great in sports other than volleyball as well. Both have gone on to solid pro careers, Alex in the WNBA and Emily on the AVP beach tour. As far as impact while at WSU, it's Aliphine Tuliamuk, hands down. Her athleticism is a little more specialized, distance running, but she ran everything from 1500 to 10,000, and was a 13-TIME All-American. She is also having a fine pro career and could be an Olympian in 2020."

Many big-sport play-by-play guys around the country aren't always locked in on the female gender. Don't sleep on Mike's ability and passion for all that is Shocker athletics to know in great detail what is happening, past and present, with women's sports at WSU. Folks, we have a treasure in Mike Kennedy!!!

😎😎😎

Comment

Alex Harden and Emily Stockmen out outstanding selections as most-outstanding female athletes as was Aliphine Tuliamuk with high level of success she had in distance running.

I might suggest adding a couple of multi-event tracksters to the list. Tonya Friesen and Nikki-Larch Miller. Tonya in particular was one of my favorites being from the metropolis of Buhler, Kansas.

I'm thinking that Volleyball player Sara Younes should be in the discussion as well. Sarah Longren and Kelly Broussard weren't half bad either.

In softball, Margo Pruis did some pretty great work in the circle for the Lady Shocks. A little surprised Margo is not in the Shocker Hall of Fame. In fact, I don't think there are any softball players in the Shocker Hall of Fame.

Comment

Sara Younes would get my vote. Just an amazing athlete.

Comment

Working...
        X