2017-18 Shocker Dance Team Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Shocker Dance Team Announced

35 young ladies competed for 16 spots on the Shocker Dance Team.

I think this thread compares favorably to the "Offseason Banter" thread.

I predict they will hold their own in the AAC.

I wish the pep band would do a studio grade recording, instead of the "capture" on a digital recorder in a not so great room, as heard there. Perhaps I need to see how much it would cost to do that next season with WSU Audio Productions, and either foot the bill myself, or see if some of my fellow band alums would help out. We used to do a studio grade recording every two years back when I was in school.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

When does the season begin so I can appreciate these young ladies?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        I wish the pep band would do a studio grade recording, instead of the "capture" on a digital recorder in a not so great room, as heard there. Perhaps I need to see how much it would cost to do that next season with WSU Audio Productions, and either foot the bill myself, or see if some of my fellow band alums would help out. We used to do a studio grade recording every two years back when I was in school.
        Thank you. @ShockBand:, if it requires a donation, please reach out to me. I'd love to help. I've been wanting this for years.

Comment

Yes, have some
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Sweet Caroline!
            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              I have no idea what your are writing about but if you can improve the quality of the sound I am all for it. Perhaps donations are possible from Shockernet to pay for this. I am willing to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                Sweet Caroline!
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  I have no idea what your are writing about but if you can improve the quality of the sound I am all for it. Perhaps donations are possible from Shockernet to pay for this. I am willing to contribute.
                  This wouldn't do anything for sound at games themselves, as aside from bass guitar (if they are using one), the pep band in the arena is "unplugged". I just was cringing at the quality of the recording used in the dance team intro above, and cringed knowing we have the means on campus to make a recording that is of the quality of recording in a studio. And @WuDrWu:, thanks for your offer! I will inquire with the powers that be with WSU Bands this fall about donations to support a recording session. I don't know if the university's ASCAP/BMI license would allow them to offer the recording to the public as a sold item, or even for free, but that will be one of my questions as well. I am hoping at the very least the fight songs and chants can be released without issue, but I know the other music that is played from professional arrangers might have some licensing issues for release of recordings.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

This conversation reminded me of the following thread; I always enjoy listening to this album... some good stuff.

Last edited by WstateU; May 2, 2017, 11:17 AM.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

When I watched that video and saw Kate S. come up on the screen she reached into my soul in a way I can't describe and I can't figure it out. She reminds of another individual who did the same thing. Her name is Christina Broccolini an actress and executive producer from Canada. They are my new inspirations and spiritual soul mates. I can not wait to see her cheer on our boys underneath those new Koch Arena lights.

-Uncle Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Mike View Post
                        When I watched that video and saw Kate S. come up on the screen she reached into my soul in a way I can't describe and I can't figure it out. She reminds of another individual who did the same thing. Her name is Christina Broccolini an actress and executive producer from Canada. They are my new inspirations and spiritual soul mates. I can not wait to see her cheer on our boys underneath those new Koch Arena lights.

-Uncle Mike
                        Creepy

Comment

-Uncle Mike
                          You sure that's gonna comply with the restraining order?
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

-Uncle Mike
                            Somebody check this guys basement for bodies.
                            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

-Uncle Mike
                              OK...and Fever got the boot?
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X