No announcement yet.

Favorite Shocker Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The elimination of the Black uniforms were as others stated an effort by the administration to clean up the image of THE Wichita State University as was the elimination of the low brass cheer. I have always embraced our image of bad boys and still prefer anything black as far as my University apparel is concerned. Bad Boys is a lot different than cheatin bastards in my way of thinking. I would rather be like the former.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      The elimination of the Black uniforms were as others stated an effort by the administration to clean up the image of THE Wichita State University as was the elimination of the low brass cheer. I have always embraced our image of bad boys and still prefer anything black as far as my University apparel is concerned. Bad Boys is a lot different than cheatin bastards in my way of thinking. I would rather be like the former.
      1000%

Black says we are badass and we will kick your ass if you are man enough to play us. Black says MTXE Mofo...

Yellow says "I'm sorry you don't like us. I think I just peed my pants."

It's no coincidence the Shockers lost their mojo for an entire decade..
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        1000%

Black says we are badass and we will kick your ass if you are man enough to play us. Black says MTXE Mofo...

Yellow says "I'm sorry you don't like us. I think I just peed my pants."

It's no coincidence the Shockers lost their mojo for an entire decade..
        Yep. The "Vanilla Gorilla's" (Mendelson & Dugger) never took us to the promised land (NIT)! :stupid:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          Yep. The "Vanilla Gorilla's" (Mendelson & Dugger) never took us to the promised land (NIT)! :stupid:
          But they were both engineering majors I believe.

Comment

The yellow ones during the 15-16 season were pretty sweet. They were simple and very bright.
            Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

All banana worked better in baseball than basketball. Just my .02.

Comment

After much thought, I've decided that my favorite Shocker uniform was the one that had Dave Stallworth in it. The ones that held A.C. and X-Man weren't bad either.

Comment

I loved the yellows. There aren't many big time schools that wear our shade of yellow. It's mostly gold, ala Purdue/GT, or ow-that-hurts-my-eyes, ala Michigan/Baylor. Wearing yellow always seemed like a statement to me.

Comment

Not a big fan of the home jerseys we had this following year. Didn't like the cursive and the black on the shoulder blades.
                    Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Bring back the "ShockerS" logo on black. We wore it for the F4 Louisville game. It was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X