Publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publicity

Hadn't dawn on me before reading this morning's Daytona Beach News Journal paper, over a cup of coffee, and seeing the 'College Roundup Column' in the sports page, which daily has about a 3x2 inch spread on all Men's and Women's sports, played by all of Florida's major colleges and universities, and most of the lesser schools as well. Note: the only time the Shockers BB team was ever mentioned was when we were in the Top 25 or when when the Men's BB team was in NCAA or the NIT.

Today, there was a nice blurb on a men's college baseball game between UCF and E. Carolina.

So very soon, WSU will be getting this same coverage, in all sports, for both our men's and women's teams throughout Florida, a state which alone has 20+ million people and a tremendous number of great HS athletes prime for recruiting.

I think I am on pretty safe ground to say that the results of all of our sports events will most likely be covered, to at least some extent, in the large cities and perhaps throughout entire states in which American Conference schools are located.

This added publicity can only be a plus not only for Men's BB, but all of our Men's and Women's sports.

What's a newspaper?

;)
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      What's a newspaper?

;)
      It's this toy I order so my dog has something to do every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        It's this toy I order so my dog has something to do every morning.
        Mine, too.

Comment

I always put the KU or K-State news up and leave it out for him. He always lets us know what he thinks of those two! Smart Dog

Comment

We just need to get on a lot of Twitter feeds and get a lot of pics on Instagram.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hey guys, nothing in the morning beats sipping a cup of coffee and reading the sports page.

Well, I have to take that back. One thing beats the hell out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                Hadn't dawn on me before reading this morning's Daytona Beach News Journal paper, over a cup of coffee, and seeing the 'College Roundup Column' in the sports page, which daily has about a 3x2 inch spread on all Men's and Women's sports, played by all of Florida's major colleges and universities, and most of the lesser schools as well. Note: the only time the Shockers BB team was ever mentioned was when we were in the Top 25 or when when the Men's BB team was in NCAA or the NIT.

Today, there was a nice blurb on a men's college baseball game between UCF and E. Carolina.

So very soon, WSU will be getting this same coverage, in all sports, for both our men's and women's teams throughout Florida, a state which alone has 20+ million people and a tremendous number of great HS athletes prime for recruiting.

I think I am on pretty safe ground to say that the results of all of our sports events will most likely be covered, to at least some extent, in the large cities and perhaps throughout entire states in which American Conference schools are located.

This added publicity can only be a plus not only for Men's BB, but all of our Men's and Women's sports.
                I was talking to a friend today that lives up by you, she said she was in the Daytona Wal Mart today the one by the track and they had WSU CLOTHING ON THE RACKS. I am going to stop by there tomorrow and see for myself.

Comment

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerD View Post
                    I was talking to a friend today that lives up by you, she said she was in the Daytona Wal Mart today the one by the track and they had WSU CLOTHING ON THE RACKS. I am going to stop by there tomorrow and see for myself.
                    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out too. Stopped by your work to see you two Thursdays ago, but the lady I talked to said you are usually out in the field.

Comment

[QUOTE=60Shock;729332]Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out too. Stopped by your work to see you two Thursdays ago, but the lady I talked to said you are usually out in the field.

I should stop by sometime, let me know if you will be home sometime this week.

Comment

Working...
                      X