No announcement yet.

AAC Digital Network Interview with Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAC puts about the same amount of resources and effort into YouTube videos seen by a few hundred people as the MVC does on TV commercials for national TV. Not an exaggeration.

There's was nothing that indicated the small time-mess of the MVC more than the horrible TV advertisements they put out. Not terribly applicable to the sports actually being played, but it was certainly a pigeon in the mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      CLASSIC
      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Love me some Mike Kennedy...but less treble and more bass for a fuller professional sound not only from him but the arena as well. I'd guess he's cool with his sound and prolly just used to it...but change is good.

Sidenote...a few years ago I had the mishap of a Shocker game NOT on tv or internet. Shocker radio (internet) happened to be down for some reason and I had to resort to the local Tulsa broadcast guys via internet. Big differnce in overall sound and production. Weird I thought. How does Tulsa sound more bigtime than Wichita??? Me thinks...sure equipment update is probably needed...but also maybe the man in charge is good with it. I dunno...
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Anyone notice the big Nike Air Jordon on Marshalls shirt? Is it a clue?!?!?

Comment

Yeah I did. My first thought was, "wow, that's a big air jordan." And then that's all I thought.

Comment

AAC Skype interview with Sully

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                Anyone notice the big Nike Air Jordon on Marshalls shirt? Is it a clue?!?!?
                The rumors I heard about UA also involved rumors about Jordan. I'm not sure it's a clue, but it might not be totally meaningless.

Comment

That seems odd seeing as Jordan is owned by Nike. We had "jumpman" uniforms before and up to the final four run, only to switch to Nike brand new uniforms for the Final Four Louisville game.

If you look at the Nike catalog, there are 90 pages of Nike uniforms, shoes, bags, etc. and maybe 10 jumpman pages.

Comment

Until we have a new apparel contract, we don't have a new apparel contract. I'm not sure I'd read much into it.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

i likes me some hali oughton.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                        That seems odd seeing as Jordan is owned by Nike. We had "jumpman" uniforms before and up to the final four run, only to switch to Nike brand new uniforms for the Final Four Louisville game.

If you look at the Nike catalog, there are 90 pages of Nike uniforms, shoes, bags, etc. and maybe 10 jumpman pages.
                        When you order from the Nike configurator (as WSU has been doing) you can simply choose the Swoosh or the Jordan logo (among thousands of other variations).

Wish the reasoning for the variance was sexier than that, but that's all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          As do I. However, I'll call your Hali Oughton and raise you a Jamie Hull.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            As do I. However, I'll call your Hali Oughton and raise you a Jamie Hull.
                            Both are "easy on the eyes" for an old codger.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Both are "easy on the eyes" for an old codger.
                              And they are pretty easy on the ears as well. They both do a good job. Although with Jamie you hear her a lot more than you see her. I'm just kind of partial to Shockers.

Comment

Working...
                              X