No announcement yet.

How Many potential NBA future players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many potential NBA future players?

How many from the current roster do you think will make it to the NBA?

Shamet and McDuffie could be drafted. Zach Brown will likely get some summer league looks...could be a Bruce Bowen defensive stopper type player down the line. Shaq has some similarities to Glen "Big Baby" Davis...doesn't really have an NBA position though. I'm interested to see more from CJ Keyser, who has plenty of athleticism.
    78-65

Comment

Shamet and McDuffie will both play in the league at some point, where it goes from there who knows, both ooze talent and athleticism. I feel much the same on Shaq as WuShock16, in a much more big man dominated NBA with true power forwards like the 90's perhaps he could have carved out a role as a back up 4. In the modern NBA, he's not big enough to be a center, and I haven't seen the perimeter defense needed to guard the current 4's in the league. CJ and Austin are unknowns at this point, both have potential, but a lot can happen in the next few years. I always thought Zach could be a 3 and D guy, but the shot has fallen off, and his handles haven't been as tight as they'll need to be. He'll definitely get a chance in the summer league though. Darral may very well end up on a summer league team like DC did, and hopefully can leverage it into a nice contract overseas.

Comment

Landry will be drafted in the 1st round when he comes out (after jr year is my guess). Markis needs to tighten up the handles and work on his explosiveness as well as outside shooting. He has work to do, but can be a solid 3 man in the NBA, although I think he'll have to earn it the hard way.
        Reaves has the potential with his size and skills but he has a long way to go to prove he has the goods. I also agree that Shaq could get a look if he busts his ass in the D League.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Shamet and McDuffie could be drafted. Zach Brown will likely get some summer league looks...could be a Bruce Bowen defensive stopper type player down the line. Shaq has some similarities to Glen "Big Baby" Davis...doesn't really have an NBA position though. I'm interested to see more from CJ Keyser, who has plenty of athleticism.
          Considering Tekele got summer league looks, and Zach is a taller Tekele, he will definitely get looked at. If Shaq can establish himself as a force of nature, he'll also get looks.

If Reaves can get and stay healthy and put on some muscle, I think he's a lock to make an NBA roster, albeit maybe the Fred/Ron way (don't get drafted, get signed immediately afterward, work way into rotation). The guy has BBIQ coming out of his pores. I can see him having a huge coming-out party in the 2018-19 season.

Comment

And by "Zach is a taller Tekele," I mean he's a taller shut-down defender with no immediate peer.

Nobody else can be Tekele. His awesomeness is singular.

Comment

Shamet is a clear choice. If Shaq can defend quick forwards, he is an interesting prospect. Adds an element of supreme physicality to any team.

Comment

Reaves should red shirt next year.

Comment

What about Daishon Smith after another year of development?
                  "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

This place seriously sucks.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      This place seriously sucks.
                      Your post is unrelated to the thread topic. Please do not do that.

Comment

I don't think many posters realize just how difficult it is. I'd
                        give LS about a 30% shot and anyone else a very long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Damn, 30%. Well then that means we'll get to keep him all four years!

I think Landry certainly has the best shot at first round if he continues to develop. He was the best player on our team last year as just a freshman. Wait for him to have a few more huge games in the NCAA tourney and he'll have eyeballs all over him.

I see Markis as a future second rounder probably. Unless he beefs up majorly. I agree that Keyser and Reaves might have potential. Too early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Haha. Landry sure as heck won't be here as a RS Sr. and probably won't be here as a RS Jr. assuming he continues on his current trajectory. He's a better shooter than Ron and Fred were, and more athletic. Not quite as strong, though. But he could/will be a good NBA point guard.

Markis has a decent shot if he shores up his handles and can finish at the rim well. Those are two areas he really needs to improve on. Shaq knows he has potential to play in the NBA, but it's a matter of kicking his butt in gear. Austin and CJ are outside shots at this point.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

NBA - Shamet and McDuffie only - unless there are some truly significant improvements made by others.

Overseas - All of them

Comment

Working...
                              X