X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox is only 6 3.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      This really is more "fan love" than "media love", but Adam Warne just knocks these videos out of the park. If this video doesn't make you want to build a brick wall and then run through it, I don't what will. Very well done, Adam Warne! I hope this Facebook video link is public, BTW.

https://www.facebook.com/shw1zz/vide...1268931987382/
      Excellent video. I recognize some of the segments as being from those great "Bravely Onward" commercials that Fidelity Bank does. The addition of the in-game segments is very nice.

Comment

That video is extremely well done.

I assume the season starts tomorrow. I am ready.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          Imagine a short version of that video for player intros. Main lights darkened, video clips running, and the ribbon boards declaring I WILL. How about the whole crowd bellowing I WILL at the right moments. Talk about swagger and energy.
          That'd be awesome, but a great majority of our crowd is untrainable.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
            Fox is only 6 3.
            The Shamet's really 6'1"?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              The Shamet's really 6'1"?
              No, they are both around 6'4 or so. I dont know that there was much of a difference. I just must have missed the shot where Fox and Shaq were head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post
                No, they are both around 6'4 or so. I dont know that there was much of a difference. I just must have missed the shot where Fox and Shaq were head to head.
                I missed that too. But when Landry was guarding Fox and vice versa he was a couple of inches taller. No?

Per the bio, he's guarding a guy here that is 6'6":

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 25, 2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
                  Plus he treats his Mother like a queen!!! That's a big plus for me!!!
                  Means even more to 3G and the staff. All of 3G's recruits share that quality.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Means even more to 3G and the staff. All of 3G's recruits share that quality.
                    I couldn't agree more ~ that's the winning point of his visits to a recruit's home obviously.
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                        Shamet quietly will be Greg's best player... Yet
                        Depends on your definition of best. In college or overall? What position? Who is it right now?

Comment

• The "I Will" is by motivational speaker Dr. Eric Thomas. Here is a clip of a speech to our Olympic athletes.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• "Season in review: AAC" - Sports Illustrated

by Molly Geary
                            Thursday May 11th, 2017

..."One burning off-season question: How much impact will the addition of Wichita State have?

The AAC has already been atop plenty of off-season headlines thanks to the news that it will add Missouri Valley Conference powerhouse Wichita State starting with next season. The inclusion of the Shockers is already an instant boost to the conference’s profile, and they’ll likely be the preseason pick to win the AAC. The benefit of the league change in regards to Wichita State’s strength of schedule is obvious, but it also gives the rest of the American’s teams more opportunities to grab a resume-building win or two as well. For a conference that sent only a pair of teams to the Big Dance in 2017 and didn’t earn higher than a No. 6 seed, that’s significant. Will anyone take advantage?"

Comment

• ...and there's the challenge. Been waiting for that for a while. And we thought we saw Super Bowls in Carbondale, Cedar Falls and Springfield. Get ready for some REAL SUPER BOWLS!!! LET'S GO SHOCKERS!!!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "Grab a resume building win or TWO?" So we have to play all of our conference games on the road.? I don't see is losing at home but thats just me.:)

Comment

Working...
                                X