Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Have I told you all lately how much I love the American
    Yes.....but go ahead and say it again. I like it a lot.

Comment

• I'm already wondering how Jerry Palm is going to disrespect the Shox this year. He did real well last year with his "They didn't play enough top-100 teams". I think he actually influenced the seedings with how many times he was on CBS spouting that line.

I'm confident he will find another cherry-picked stat this year. I'm just wondering what it will be.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I'm already wondering how Jerry Palm is going to disrespect the Shox this year. He did real well last year with his "They didn't play enough top-100 teams". I think he actually influenced the seedings with how many times he was on CBS spouting that line.I'm confident he will find another cherry-picked stat this year. I'm just wondering what it will be.
        They don't have a real star that averages over 15 ppg
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• [QUOTE]I'm already wondering how Jerry Palm is going to disrespect the Shox this year. He did real well last year with his "They didn't play enough top-100 teams". I think he actually influenced the seedings with how many times he was on CBS spouting that line.

I'm confident he will find another cherry-picked stat this year. I'm just wondering what it will[

/QUOTE]

They have to play 12 players or more to win. :stupid:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I'm already wondering how Jerry Palm is going to disrespect the Shox this year. He did real well last year with his "They didn't play enough top-100 teams". I think he actually influenced the seedings with how many times he was on CBS spouting that line.

I'm confident he will find another cherry-picked stat this year. I'm just wondering what it will be.
            Palm " The American Conference took a step back with its addition of Wichita State. It's hard to see how this move hasn't sent the AAC into the realm of mid -majorness. They will be lucky to get 2 teams in the big dance come march, barring some unforseen circumstances."
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Ken Pomeroy talks Shockers in Jayhawk country. Starts at 26 minute mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Ken Pomeroy talks Shockers in Jayhawk country. Starts at 26 minute mark.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...177630971.html
                Someone wanna summarize it so I can be lazy and not listen to it?

Comment

• Says teams can be good w/o playing a good schedule.

WSU won’t have trouble adjusting to the AAC.

KP states that the champs will either be WSU or Cinci, and SMU has a chance...big drop off after that. I don’t think KPs analytics have caught up with the new players in the conference because most believe that Temple and UCF will be similar to SMU with UCONN right behind them.

The only negative was when KP said WSU will do well in the ACC, or AAC, or American, or whatever they’re calling themselves....a little trouble with branding right now.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Says teams can be good w/o playing a good schedule.

WSU won’t have trouble adjusting to the AAC.

KP states that the champs will either be WSU or Cinci, and SMU has a chance...big drop off after that. I don’t think KPs analytics have caught up with the new players in the conference because most believe that Temple and UCF will be similar to SMU with UCONN right behind them.

The only negative was when KP said WSU will do well in the ACC, or AAC, or American, or whatever they’re calling themselves....a little trouble with branding right now.
                    Thx @wufan:

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Ken Pomeroy talks Shockers in Jayhawk country. Starts at 26 minute mark.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...177630971.html
                      Jesse Newell (Sportswriter) made several positive comments about the Shockers - he thinks Shockers and Cincinnati finish Top 2 in AAC

KP described Shockers and Cincinnati as awesome; predicted the Shockers could struggle at start of season with injuries but by end of season the Shockers will be a Top Ten Team.

KP also predicted the Shockers will lose more games this season than in the past but they will capture a better seed in the NCAA tournament.

Newell and KP offered the Shockers as the dividing line argument that a good team can play a weak or bad schedule. KP believes the argument is way overblown to be a good team that team has to play a tough schedule. He offered Lebron James playing in a YMCA league does not diminish his ranking as the best basketball player on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                        Jesse Newell (Sportswriter) made several positive comments about the Shockers - he thinks Shockers and Cincinnati finish Top 2 in AAC

KP described Shockers and Cincinnati as awesome; predicted the Shockers could struggle at start of season with injuries but by end of season the Shockers will be a Top Ten Team.

KP also predicted the Shockers will lose more games this season than in the past but they will capture a better seed in the NCAA tournament.

Newell and KP offered the Shockers as the dividing line argument that a good team can play a weak or bad schedule. KP believes the argument is way overblown to be a good team that team has to play a tough schedule. He offered Lebron James playing in a YMCA league does not diminish his ranking as the best basketball player on the planet.
                        Lebron doesn't have a biased committee deciding his post-season fate.

Comment

• The Wichita State Shockers are poised to make a run at their first ever men’s basketball National Championship. Can they make it to the promise land?

Great article. Nice prediction--one we all would like to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                            https://kckingdom.com/2017/10/08/wic...7-2018-season/

we (well, some in the know, anyway) have been saying for a long time that wichita state basketball should have already had a national championship banner. ku shennanigans be damned. maybe karma will someday work the way we would like it to in this case.

Comment

The author is a bit out in left field on a few things. The author showed a definite lacking of depth when talking about the Shockers' Depth. Nice to have people blow smoke up your skirt but this guys opinion is no better, and perhaps not as good as, what you will get from many Shockernetters. But yes it is a prediction we all would like to see.

Add newcomers Brett Barney and a seven-footer in Asbjorn Midtgaard to the mix and the Shocker big men are looking great.
                              Brett Barney is not a newcomer and I don't see him being in the mix at the 5 except for practice and mop up minutes.

The Shockers are full of local talent, as Brycen Bush, Jacob Herrs, and Samajae Haynes-Jones, all Wichita area natives, will be asked to give valuable minutes at the guard position.
                              The Shockers will not be asking Brycen Bush and Jacob Herrs to give valuable minutes outside of practice and mop up minutes either. If that happens we are in deep doo doo.

Returning players C.J. Keyser, Kaelen Malone, Austin Reaves, & Frankamp will be carrying most of the load handling the ball and distributing the rock.
                              Kaelen Malone will not be doing much ball handling or rock distributing during games either.

With Markis McDuffie out for the time being, Darral Willis will be asked to step up offensively. Hopefully that doesn’t put the Shockers back a whole lot.
                              I think the author is correct that Darral Willis will be asked to step up to help fill whatever void Markis' injury will leave. But Darral is very well equipped to do so on the offensive end although perhaps a bit different in style. The big challenge though will on the defensive end which was a strong part of Markis' game but not so much (to put it gently) for Darral last year.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 8, 2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Uhhhhh. Has this dude ever seen the Shox? I like the prediction. But dang.

Comment

Working...
                                X