X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "#6 Wichita State Preview 2017-18" - Three Man-Weave

by Matt Cox
    August 31, 2017

After coming up just three points shy of knocking off Kentucky in last year's NCAA tournament, Gregg Marshall will seamlessly hit the reset button with almost everyone slated to return.  With the Shockers about to embark on their first full season in the AAC, expectations have never been hi

"Postseason Projection: 2 - 3 seed

Outlook: It seems like every year during the first week of March, Gregg Marshall seems to find himself at the epicenter of a heated bracketology debate: "If the Shockers don't win the MVC tournament, are they worthy of an at-large bid?". On one side of the aisle, the selection committee purists cite how Wichita lacks the signature resume wins of other major conference bubble teams, while the hoop statisticians stubbornly point to their impressive advanced numbers (full disclosure: I side with the nerds). Regardless of where you stand, the prevailing sentiment shared by almost all reasonably intelligent basketball minds can be summed up quite succinctly: Wichita State is good; really good...."

Comment

• I think C.J. Keyser is going to turn some heads this year. He is running under the radar right now but when he gets some opportunities, he is going to shine bright. (secret weapon)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
        I think C.J. Keyser is going to turn some heads this year. He is running under the radar right now but when he gets some opportunities, he is going to shine bright. (secret weapon)
        If he has any point guard skills, he will come in very handy

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          If kissing the rim is a point guard skill...
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Point guard? I was hopin he could maybe play some 2 guard.....

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Point guard? I was hopin he could maybe play some 2 guard.....
              I might be reaching, but you never know

Comment

• I see CJ's incredible athleticism, but what are you guys seeing that hasn't been shown in games?

He always came in at garbage time, and also looked a bit lost from what I can tell.

I know he was a freshman, and that's to be expected. Any scuttlebutt from the coaches or anybody in the know about CJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                  He always came in at garbage time, and also looked a bit lost from what I can tell.
                  Whaaaaaaaaaaa?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                    I think C.J. Keyser is going to turn some heads this year. He is running under the radar right now but when he gets some opportunities, he is going to shine bright. (secret weapon)
                    I'm friends with him on snapchat and I can tell u this, CJ is always at Koch arena! Every time I see his stories he's always there. I asked him if he's going to poster aka dunk on somebody and he replied just wait on it! I can see him getting a sc top 10 or two this coming season! #tekelecotton2.0

Comment

• We need to remember that C.J was hurt through 2016 summer practices and then a good part of fall practices. He was WAY behind everybody else last year. The fact that he didn't synch up seamlessly with the regulars should not be a surprise, nor a cause for any alarm.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I could care less if CJ poster dunks on someone this year, I want him to take some playing time from some of our vets. Play clampdown defense and show consistent outside shooting. We need this way more than we need a couple highlight dunks.

Comment

I could care less if CJ poster dunks on someone this year, I want him to take some playing time from some of our vets. Play clampdown defense and show consistent outside shooting. We need this way more than we need a couple highlight dunks.
                          I think he can find time but his best opportunity to play is at guard if he has the handles for it. His skills still remind me of Cotton who could play guard very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I think he can find time but his best opportunity to play is at guard if he has the handles for it. His skills still remind me of Cotton who could play guard very well.
                            Cotton is probably my favorite Shocker of all time, but he didn't play guard very well.

Comment

Cotton is probably my favorite Shocker of all time, but he didn't play guard very well.
                              Yes and no. Relative to the country, I think Cotton may have 'played guard' pretty well. But when it was happening because RB or FVV was on the bench, it seemed....less good.

Comment

Even tho he singlehandedly, many times, grabbed victory from the Jaws of defeat?

Comment

Working...
                                X