Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Nice!

It's about time for the old "Yeah, but it's the Valley! How would they do against a true P5 team?"... Quick forgetters. Shocker fans know better!

Comment

• Check out #23.......

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGr1z View Post
        I hate when these summaries pick and choose different stats to highlight each player. Here's per game stats for the 2016-17 season where Brunson was a sophomore, Berry a Junior and Shamet a freshman
        Player Jalen Brunson Joel Berry Landry Shamet
        G 36 38 36
        MP 31.1 30.4 26.7
        FG 5.1 4.8 3.8
        FGA 9.4 11.2 7.9
        FG% 0.541 0.428 0.472
        2P 3.9 2.5 1.8
        2PA 6.3 5.2 3.4
        2P% 0.621 0.48 0.516
        3P 1.2 2.3 2
        3PA 3.1 6 4.6
        3P% 0.378 0.384 0.439
        FT 3.3 2.8 1.9
        FTA 3.8 3.6 2.4
        FT% 0.876 0.774 0.802
        TRB 2.6 3.1 2.8
        AST 4.1 3.6 3.3
        STL 0.9 1.4 0.7
        BLK 0 0.1 0.2
        TOV 2.1 1.9 1.1
        PF 1.6 2.2 2.1
        PTS 14.7 14.7 11.4
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• "Candid Coaches: Who will be the best team in college basketball in 2017-18?" - CBS Sports

by Matt Norlander, CBS Sports Writer
          Aug 21, 2017

CBS Sports' college basketball experts polled more than 100 coaches to get their pick to win it all

"CBS Sports college basketball writers Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Reid Forgrave spent much of July on the road in cities across the country, covering the live recruiting periods. While there, and in the weeks since, they've surveyed coaches for our annual Candid Coaches series. They polled everyone from head coaches at elite programs to assistants at some of the smallest schools in Division I. In exchange for complete anonymity, coaches give unfiltered honesty about a number of topics in the sport. Over the next few weeks, we'll be posting the results on several questions posed to more than 100 coaches.

The internet has been populated with writers' rankings for 2017-18 since, literally, the morning after North Carolina defeated Gonzaga in the national championship game. You're reading up on college basketball content the desert of the offseason that is mid-August, so we know you care about the sport and are aware of the teams that are considered strongest as we head toward the 2017-18 season.

But what of the coaches? Well, many of them use the rankings as a guide as well, turns out and many have their own reasons for why they place who they place atop their personal poll. So let's get to it. Here are the top five vote-getters -- the teams expected by college coaches to do best this season. The annual preseason Coaches Poll won't be released for more than two months, but this is likely to be an early indicator of what that ranking will reveal...."

Attached Files

Comment

• "2017-18 Season Preview: Wichita State's transition to the AAC" - Marching to Madness

by Blake Lovell and Ken Cross
            Aug 23, 2017

"In this 2017-18 season preview episode of Marching to Madness, hosts Blake Lovell and Ken Cross focus in on Wichita State's transition to the American Athletic Conference. Topics of discussion include: how the Shockers' non-conference schedule will prepare it for AAC play, the incredible depth and experience on the roster, Wichita State's offensive and defensive efficiency, playing the AAC favorite role, and so much more. It's another in-depth season preview episode of Marching to Madness!"

Approx. 15 minute Audio Link: http://marchingtomadness.libsyn.com/...oCkxOWGt3HH.99

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              "2017-18 Season Preview: Wichita State's transition to the AAC" - Marching to Madness

Aug 23, 2017

"In this 2017-18 season preview episode of Marching to Madness, hosts Blake Lovell and Ken Cross focus in on Wichita State's transition to the American Athletic Conference. Topics of discussion include: how the Shockers' non-conference schedule will prepare it for AAC play, the incredible depth and experience on the roster, Wichita State's offensive and defensive efficiency, playing the AAC favorite role, and so much more. It's another in-depth season preview episode of Marching to Madness!"

Approx. 15 minute Audio Link: http://marchingtomadness.libsyn.com/...oCkxOWGt3HH.99
              The Mid-Major thing makes me shake my head every time I hear it. WSU is no longer Mid-Major now that they're in the AAC even though the Shockers have the same exact team and head coach? That is just ridiculous. But at least you're now getting the respect you deserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                The Mid-Major thing makes me shake my head every time I hear it. WSU is no longer Mid-Major now that they're in the AAC even though the Shockers have the same exact team and head coach? That is just ridiculous. But at least you're now getting the respect you deserve.
                I know what your sayin' but on the women's side of basketball, at the AAU level, people see Wichita State in a whole new light now that they are in the same conference as UConn. Program went from midmajor to major for that reason alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                  I know what your sayin' but on the women's side of basketball, at the AAU level, people see Wichita State in a whole new light now that they are in the same conference as UConn. Program went from midmajor to major for that reason alone.
                  So are you implying that will give our WBB recruiting a boost going forward? Hopefully it will.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 23, 2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    So are you imlying that will give our WBB recruiting a boost going forward? Hopefully it will.
                    I am not implying that is exactly what I am saying. Just the reaction and talking to AAU coaches and players when I wore my Shocker shirt around the tournaments. With the new coach as well as new conference has gotten people very interested in Shocker women's basketball. Thanks to UConn

Comment

• Does coach Adams have the same access to a plane for recruiting that HCGM has?

Comment

"Candid Coaches: Who will be the best team in college basketball in 2017-18?" - CBS Sports

by Matt Norlander, CBS Sports Writer
                        Aug 21, 2017

CBS Sports' college basketball experts polled more than 100 coaches to get their pick to win it all

"CBS Sports college basketball writers Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Reid Forgrave spent much of July on the road in cities across the country, covering the live recruiting periods. While there, and in the weeks since, they've surveyed coaches for our annual Candid Coaches series. They polled everyone from head coaches at elite programs to assistants at some of the smallest schools in Division I. In exchange for complete anonymity, coaches give unfiltered honesty about a number of topics in the sport. Over the next few weeks, we'll be posting the results on several questions posed to more than 100 coaches.

The internet has been populated with writers' rankings for 2017-18 since, literally, the morning after North Carolina defeated Gonzaga in the national championship game. You're reading up on college basketball content the desert of the offseason that is mid-August, so we know you care about the sport and are aware of the teams that are considered strongest as we head toward the 2017-18 season.

But what of the coaches? Well, many of them use the rankings as a guide as well, turns out and many have their own reasons for why they place who they place atop their personal poll. So let's get to it. Here are the top five vote-getters -- the teams expected by college coaches to do best this season. The annual preseason Coaches Poll won't be released for more than two months, but this is likely to be an early indicator of what that ranking will reveal...."

BOOM! Look at the names on that list! And this from the coaches! Shockers are relevant, no denying. 3G is worth every penny and then some. Hats off to what we are experiencing! Power 5 take note.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                          Does coach Adams have the same access to a plane for recruiting that HCGM has?
                          Not sure, but I doubt it.

Comment

• It seems unlikely that the women's budget supports some of the resources available to 3G and his staff, but who knows -- maybe their step up to the UCL ("UConn League") will help them generate more revenue and donations.

Comment

"2017-18 Season Preview: Wichita State's transition to the AAC" - Marching to Madness

Aug 23, 2017

This guy gets it. At the 04:00 mark "we all knew the possibility for Wichita St. to be a player nationally, but the right person just had to get control..."

True Wichita St. fans, the ones who weren't rooting for the Chickens in the 90's when we really sucked, are wondering why it took this long. Turgeon doesn't count because we weren't a player nationally, as we had all hoped, when he was here.
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 24, 2017, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X