No announcement yet.

2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...While some will question whether the Shockers will be able to handle the heightened physicality of the AAC compared to the MVC...
    Oh, you mean the reason why Marshall wants 3 centers and the ability to give 14 fouls in the lane with MVC officiating? Too bad we didn't get into the AAC and the more physical play when Baker and VanVleet were here. I don't think there would be much question about those guys ability to play a more physical style than the MVC plays.

So, the question is, can the team that doesn't call fouls in practice handle a physical style of officiating? I think I know the answer to that.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how our guys deal with more physicality on a game to game basis. I believe they will do well and better prepare them for March.

Comment

• And here I guess that I was under the misconception over the last 10 years that the vast majority of our brother MVC teams' defensive plan against us was to bang, elbow, knock to the floor, and occasionally kick our players in the chest to stop us.
        Last edited by 60Shock; May 23, 2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
          WSU up to 4 after Bradley from UNC decided to stay in the draft

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            WSU up to 4 after Bradley from UNC decided to stay in the draft
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Kind of an odd paired double bill. Brewer and Shipley had the one huge hit and were a regional draw mixed with the Prog-ish Tull. Must have been a great night. ( Tickets available at Sgt Peppers Parlour !) Ian/Tull was at the Oprheum in the early 2000s and killed it there too. I was also at the aforementioned Hotel California show. My first HLA concert was Sonny and Cher circa 1972- I think David Brenner opened up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Power Outlet View Post
                Kind of an odd paired double bill. Brewer and Shipley had the one huge hit and were a regional draw mixed with the Prog-ish Tull. Must have been a great night. ( Tickets available at Sgt Peppers Parlour !) Ian was at the Oprheum in the early 2000s and killed it there too. My first HLA concert was Sonny and Cher circa 1972 but was also at the aforementioned Eagles Hotel California show.
                Glad you were able to plug in today!!! 😋
                SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Sheesh, it's a sure thing the Shockers aren't going to come from out of nowhere and *shock* the nation this year. We should all hope the guys don't feel too much undue stress from the pressure. Being rated so high preseason has both a good side and a bad one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                    Sheesh, it's a sure thing the Shockers aren't going to come from out of nowhere and *shock* the nation this year. We should all hope the guys don't feel too much undue stress from the pressure. Being rated so high preseason has both a good side and a bad one.
                    There are a couple players on the team who don't respond well to pressure, imo. I don't really recall having that issue on the 35-1 team. Luckily the team next year will have had about 12 months to get over it before an NCAA tournament game and the schedule will certainly have a lot of high-pressure tests throughout the season for them to get used to it.

Comment

• Will Landry Shamet test the 2018 draft waters? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ft-next-season

Landry Shamet (11.4 PPG, 80 percent from the free throw line, 44 percent from the 30-point line)

Wichita State's 6-foot-4 point guard scored 20 points (5-for-7 inside the arc) in an NCAA tournament game against a Kentucky backcourt that featured two potential top-10 picks in Malik Monk and De'Aaron Fox. Gregg Marshall's history of sending unheralded talents to the NBA (Cleanthony Early, Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker) suggests that Shamet is a point guard worth watching in 2017-18. In the American Athletic Conference, he'll face talented guards and enjoy multiple opportunities to demonstrate his next-level talent. "He's still young and getting better," Marshall told ESPN.com.

Comment

• The expectations will be high on Landry Shamet next season. Jeff Borzello and John Gasaway rank him as the 15th best player. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ege-basketball

Other players we could/will see:
                        #3 Bonzie Colson (Notre Dame)
                        #22 Moe Wagner (Michigan)
                        #25 Jeffrey Carroll (Okie State)

Comment

• "Column | New NBA Draft deadline rule a boon to basketball" - FanRag Sports Network

By Kyle Kensing
                          Posted on May 26, 2017

"...Indeed, the extension of the NBA Draft is already promoting competition, which bolsters the quality of the college game. This past NCAA Tournament provided examples, like a Nigel Hayes-led Wisconsin team downing Josh Hart and defending champion Villanova in a thrilling Round-of-32 matchup. We’ll see it plenty in the 2017-18 regular season through matchups like Arizona-USC in the Pac-12, or Wichita State-SMU in The American, with Shaq Morris and Shake Milton both returning...."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                            The expectations will be high on Landry Shamet next season. Jeff Borzello and John Gasaway rank him as the 15th best player. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ege-basketball

Other players we could/will see:
                            #3 Bonzie Colson (Notre Dame)
                            #22 Moe Wagner (Michigan)
                            #25 Jeffrey Carroll (Okie State)
                            Now that's something to get excited about!!!
                            SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                            gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
                              Now that's something to get excited about!!!
                              So that will make it 8 or 9 schollies to fill.

Comment

Working...
                              X