No announcement yet.

Good News for MVC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Valley is just going to be a bad memory for WSU for awhile.. No respect was ever gained for playing in that conference and Bardo merely exorcised the demons to finally get out.
    Of course there will be some extremely bitter Valley fans as WSU's departure could signal the final nail in the Valley's coffin.. Very few positives in all of it. We never gained anything from the Valley and they don't gain anything from us leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
      We never gained anything from the Valley and they don't gain anything from us leaving.
      Never covers a pretty long time. During the Valley of Death days we received a lot of respect for playing in the Valley. In the 1990's and a few other times we received more than we gave. But clearly in recent years the Valley simply has not been able to keep up and losing their top 2 programs in 4 years at a time when the pool of replacements is not great and when many of your remaining members are struggling financially certainly does not bode well for the Valley.

However, as some of the beat writers expressed in Sully's report maybe now the Valley can be what they really have become without the pressure of trying to achieve at a very high level like Creighton and Wichita State did. Maybe it won't be so noticeable when all the teams are pretty much the same level of mediocrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Never covers a pretty long time. During the Valley of Death days we received a lot of respect for playing in the Valley. In the 1990's and a few other times we received more than we gave. But clearly in recent years the Valley simply has not been able to keep up and losing their top 2 programs in 4 years at a time when the pool of replacements is not great and when many of your remaining members are struggling financially certainly does not bode well for the Valley.

However, as some of the beat writers expressed in Sully's report maybe now the Valley can be what they really have become without the pressure of trying to achieve at a very high level like Creighton and Wichita State did. Maybe it won't be so noticeable when all the teams are pretty much the same level of mediocrity.
        We certainly spent some time at the bottom of the barrel although some find it inconvenient to remember.

Who knows what the next ten years will bring for the MVC? Conference realignment, lower TV monies, power plays by the BCS schools? WSU is in a period of growth and success and I'm going to enjoy it. I certainly don't need the Valley to fail in order validate our move.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          We certainly spent some time at the bottom of the barrel although some find it inconvenient to remember.

Who knows what the next ten years will bring for the MVC? Conference realignment, lower TV monies, power plays by the BCS schools? WSU is in a period of growth and success and I'm going to enjoy it. I certainly don't need the Valley to fail in order validate our move.
          All very good points. This is the way we need to proceed. We don't need the success or lack there of, of the MVC to validate WSU in any regard.

Comment

• I hope the MVC is very successful. I hope the AAC is more so which I believe it shall be.

Comment

• I don't see how the MVC can be very successful. Even if they went to 12 teams and used a weighted schedule where the top teams played other top teams twice and only played the bottom teams once, that wouldn't really help. The only way that works is if there are multiple top-50 and multiple 51-100 rpi teams.

Even with a couple of top-50 teams and 2 or 3 51-100 teams, to get an at-large, a team would have to win those games and not lose any of the elimination games against the bottom 4 teams. The MVC may be one of the better one-bid conferences, but I don't see much possible beyond that.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
              X