No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem with our ranking but I’m confident we’re better than at least 3 teams in front of us.

Comment

• If the OU team that played us (sigh, OK, kicked our butts) is the same OU team that shows us for 90% of their games, they will win the Big 12. They should be ranked higher.

I'm not upset that we're the highest ranked two loss team. That's fair. I feel like we have been given the benefit of the doubt (collectively) by the pollsters so far. We still have a lot of work to do, and we still have MM coming back soon.

Time to fix our problems and get to work.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        OU should be complaining
        They jumped from unranked to 17th. That's 8 spots. That's a lot in poll movement. Although I think they're better than 17th, their ranking is fair at this point.

What I'm loving is the Flagship falling a spot after picking up a win. That's unheard of but nice to see. Keep looking up at us, Jayhomies.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• All is fine. Go into conference play and find a rythm with MM back that ends with all pistons firing going into March. Its good to find our weaknesses and tendencies now. And we'll have games against good teams to keep us sharp this year.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Highest ranked 2 loss team.

Comment

• 2 wins this week and a few more Top 10 losses and we'll be back in the Top 10

Comment

• AP
                Week 7
                Team Record NCAA Seed
                1 Villanova (59) 32-4 1 Seed
                2 Gonzaga (6) 37-2 1 Seed
                3 Kansas 31-5 1 Seed
                4 Arizona 32-5 2 Seed
                5 Kentucky 32-6 2 Seed
                6 North Carolina 32-7 1 Seed
                7 Duke 28-9 2 Seed
                8 UCLA 31-5 3 Seed
                9 Oregon 32-6 3 Seed
                10 Louisville 25-9 2 Seed
                11 SMU 30-5 6 Seed
                12 Baylor 26-8 3 Seed
                13 West Virginia 28-9 4 Seed
                14 Notre Dame 26-10 5 Seed
                15 Purdue 27-8 4 Seed
                With SMU Ranked 11th during the Week 7 AP Poll getting a "6 Seed", certainly don't hope for history to repeat itself.
                Last edited by WuShock Reaper; December 18, 2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Highest ranked 2 loss team at least.
                  Let all the "Shox get no respect" folks read this sentence over and over again.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                    Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just to emphasize the point. Here are some teams WSU is ranked in front of.

Virginia - 1 loss (at current AP #10), 6 top 100 wins, ranked KenPom #3
                    KU - When was the last time KU and WSU had the EXACT SAME RECORD and WSU was ranked higher?
                    TCU - undefeated including two top 50 wins
                    OU - 1 loss (to current AP #26), whooped WSU at WSU, 3 total top 50 wins (all on the road)

• ShockerFever
                    ShockerFever commented
                    Editing a comment
                    UK - yah um, it works both ways pal.

Editing a comment
                    I'm thrilled that I'm being slammed on Shockernet by folks upset that I'm defending 9-1 Kentucky ahead of 8-2 WSU.

That, my friends, is how far this program has come. Snotty little arrogance only shows up in a fanbase once the program has arrived. Happy to deal with it.

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

1 year outta 7 ain't bad.

Have you seen any of these folks this year? Otherwise, you're pretty late to the party.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Pleasantly surprised. This week's AP Top 25: https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

Yeah, but most Chicken fans, and some here, will say we're (STILL) overrated. No? :yahoo:

Comment

Editing a comment
                        I'm happy if KU fans are complaining from behind in the rankings

• I'm hopin that the Sooners take the Big 12 this year.

Comment

• "Men's Basketball Coaches Poll" - USA Today

Weekly results from the USA TODAY Sports NCAA Men’s College Basketball coaches poll, conducted weekly using a panel of head coaches at Division I schools.

Shockers come in at #11 to match the AP Voters Poll

Others:
                        #17 Oklahoma
                        #18 Baylor
                        #22 Cincinnati
                        #26 Notre Dame
                        #42 Oklahoma State

Comment

• It's time to go on one of our massively long winning streaks.

Comment

• So we had a great chance to move up this week with #5,6 and 7 all falling to unranked teams. While we were unscathed, we didn’t look great in either showing at home against unranked teams. Where do the other SNers think we’ll land?

i think we jump one spot. I think UNC & uK fall just out of the top 10, but we get leapfrogged by UVA. I would be fine with that as long as we don’t get passed by The chickenhawks.

Comment

Working...
                            X