Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
    http://collegepolltracker.com/basket...er/2017/week-6

Someone hates us. But there is worse polls.
    Probably Goatlube's buddy...
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• He does say that once they play a road game, he'll consider then in the Top 25, doesn't matter if they won or lost the game, which is why team like KU and TCU are out for now.

Comment

• Here is how last season's "Week 6" - AP Rankings ended up for their respective Seeds in the NCAA Tournament.
        AP Rank
        2016-17 Week 6
        Team
        (with 1st Place Votes)
        Final Record Final Seed
        1 Villanova (56) 32-4 1 Seed
        2 UCLA (3) 31-5 3 seed
        3 Kansas 31-5 1 Seed
        4 Baylor (6) 26-8 3 seed
        5 Duke 28-9 2 Seed
        6 Kentucky 32-6 2 Seed
        7 North Carolina 32-7 1 Seed
        8 Gonzaga 37-2 1 Seed
        9 Indiana 18-16 NIT
        10 Creighton 24-10 6 Seed

Comment

• Sucked for Indiana

Comment

• Week 6 AP rankings have an interesting historical accuracy. Only one team since 1999 has won the title and been ranked outside the Top 12 at Week 6.

I love the week six AP poll. Historically speaking, week six has been measurably more accurate in predicting that season’s national champion than its predecessors in prior weeks. Indeed, we&#…

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Sucked for Indiana
              For their consolation prize, they got an early-season home game against Indiana State.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I have to say -- after yesterday's #3 ranking came out, I have been sporting a big smile around the office. All of the Beakers at my office, on the other hand, have been terribly morose. So I wore a nice yellow sweater today,

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I admire your kind and considerate nature.

• via Imgflip Meme Generator
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• lultz.jpg

Comment

• I love the Shocks ranked #3 in the country, but I have to say it's ridiculous Arizona State isn't ranked #1 or #2 right now with their resumé. If WSU was undefeated with those wins we'd be pissed to be only #5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                      I love the Shocks ranked #3 in the country, but I have to say it's ridiculous Arizona State isn't ranked #1 or #2 right now with their resumé. If WSU was undefeated with those wins we'd be pissed to be only #5.
                      If they're legit, they'll keep winning and will continue to move up. If not, well then the proof is in the pudding.

Comment

I love the Shocks ranked #3 in the country, but I have to say it's ridiculous Arizona State isn't ranked #1 or #2 right now with their resumé. If WSU was undefeated with those wins we'd be pissed to be only #5.
                        That's fair, honestly.

Comment

I think it depends on how a voter ranks teams. Some put lots of weight on resumes while some go off who they think is the best team based on a number of factors regardless of resume.

ASU unquestionably has a great resume at this point but I look at them and don't necessarily see a great team. They look a lot like a one trick pony to me, they have to rely on outscoring their opponents and the bench is thin. When the inevitable game comes up where they struggle to score or have foul trouble what do they have to turn to?
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• when you start off ranked low, it just takes longer to get the voters to come around

Comment

I think ASU would have been closer to #1 IF KU hadn't just gotten embarrassed by Washington earlier in the week. They didn't beat the number 2 team. They beat a mid-top 25 team. If the game happens on Monday night rather than Sunday night, it's a different look (#12 or something vs #2)

Comment

Working...
                              X