2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I've posted maybe a couple dozen times on phog.net. Apparently my posts have to be approved now before being allowed to be posted. So far in their heads.
    Most sensitive and hypocritical bunch of dickwads on the internets.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I've posted maybe a couple dozen times on phog.net. Apparently my posts have to be approved now before being allowed to be posted. So far in their heads.
      I got banned before I ever even made a post.

Comment

• I can see Duke hanging in the top three, and Villanova (surely #1 at this point) and Michigan State genuinely belong there, but why would you NOT put the Shocks #4? Flagship worship, or Chickenhawk blueblood reputation maybe?

Comment

• I'm guessing the Top 10 will all get a mulligan since they all lost. Except WSU. They almost didn't win a game by double digits while playing without their best player.

Comment

• #3 or total b.s.. #3 Monday. #3
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• You guys are entirely too hopeful. The AP Poll on Monday will look something like this:

1. Villanova
              2. Michigan State
              3. Duke
              4. Kansas
              5. Boston College
              6. Washington
              7. Wichita State

Comment

• I probably would’ve put Santa Claus at #7 and bumped us down to #8.

Comment

• All I can really say is I am a Sundevil on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                    All I can really say is I am a Sundevil on Sunday.
                    Refs and shoe company influence will be going nuts at Allen Field House on Sunday to salvage the polls and seed lines. Can Pac-12 claim 2 victories over 3rd highest pay-out??? Bill Self wants to know....
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Serious question: Will we get leap-frogged on the national ranking? Being based on votes, does this happen often?

I think Texas A&M are pretty good. #1 RPI. Just a thought. I look over at Kenpom and WSU is 5 to Texas A&M's 7. AP rankings are just votes from sports journalists right?

Comment

• wheathead
                        wheathead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They lost to Arizona last week.

• Shaqness
                        Shaqness commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oops. I didn't notice that was their loss.

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                      Serious question: Will we get leap-frogged on the national ranking? Being based on votes, does this happen often?

I think Texas A&M are pretty good. #1 RPI. Just a thought. I look over at Kenpom and WSU is 5 to Texas A&M's 7. AP rankings are just votes from sports journalists right?
                      Serious reply: Please go away; the Beaker threads will welcome your view of CBB.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                        All I can really say is I am a Sundevil on Sunday.
                        I knew I wasn't the only one who heard those radio ads and enrolled!

Comment

• wheathead
                          wheathead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ??? I have no idea what you’re talking about. I was strictly referring to wanting Arizona State University to beat KU in basketball on Sunday December 10th, 2017. I hope that is clear enough.

• Shaqness
                          Shaqness commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ASU has a online program and advertise the KS and MO area quite a bit on the radio. I hear it on the road to and from Wichita.

• Guessing we will check in at #4 tomorrow - Duke will get the kid glove treatment, and their stable of wins is impressive enough to justify keeping them in the Top 3.

I will be very disappointed if we don't jump little brother after they get credit for beating a "meh" ASU team at home this afternoon. The Sundevils are about to leave the realm of ranked teams, never to be seen again.

Comment

• Rlh04d
                          Rlh04d commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I've got a lot of problems with how Parrish's rankings have gone recently, but he makes a great point about Kansas having the single worst loss in the top 25. No way they can credibly stay ahead of us.

• Gary Parrish puts us at #4. Behind NC.

Comment

• shocksrbest
                          shocksrbest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's where I see us coming in at. Will be pleasantly surprised at #3.

• I don’t understand why Kentucky is still ranked so high. I understand the talent level, but at this stage have no wins to justify their ranking. They’ve played 7 home games and 2 neutral site games. All but one opponent owned a losing record when they played and are now a combined 3 games above .500. Lots of teams below them more deserving at this juncture.

Comment

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Reputation is the only reason. They will lose some games once they start playing somebody.
                      Working...
                      X