Forum Boards for 2017=>2018 Opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
    The Boneyard is known for over-reacting, but this is certainly concerning. Hopefully newly hired Assistant Coach Rafael Chillious has some recruiting gems up his sleeve. If not, this upcoming season will likely be Ollie's last year at UCONN.
    How can a guy named Rafael Chillious NOT be a great recruiter?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      How can a guy named Rafael Chillious NOT be a great recruiter?
      Glad to see he made something of himself after retiring from the ninja turtles.

Comment

**** bump ****

Comment

bump This needs to be pinned.
          Professional gas passer.

Comment

Forewarning to those who venture to the Boneyard. That board has gotten more and more negative with each and every year. I no longer post on it. I only travel there if looking for recruitment updates. They are a miserable bunch, and surely, as you have seen...will attack anyone/anything to make themselves feel better. Conference realignment has really taken a toll on the fan-base. Please do not associate all of fans with that crazy bunch. Most UCONN fans love basketball and want to see us succeed...which is why Wichita State was a no-brainer and value-add to this conference.

Comment

Forewarning to those who venture to the Boneyard. That board has gotten more and more negative with each and every year. I no longer post on it. I only travel there if looking for recruitment updates. They are a miserable bunch, and surely, as you have seen...will attack anyone/anything to make themselves feel better. Conference realignment has really taken a toll on the fan-base. Please do not associate all of fans with that crazy bunch. Most UCONN fans love basketball and want to see us succeed...which is why Wichita State was a no-brainer and value-add to this conference.
              i read in street & smith's years ago, before jim calhoun and corny thompson, that connecticut was a college basketball sleeping giant. it stuck out to me because connecticut was at that time, quite frankly, nothing nationally, it seemed. i couldn't understand it then, reading it.. like, they had rabid fan support or something, which carries a lot, at least (was the gist of it)? i didn't even hardly know that connecticut had a cbb team (i was young, sorry). that is one of the most prescient things i have ever read/heard/seen.. literally.

a.) connecticut must have had some cult following going on in the 70's.
              b.) wichita state fans love shocker basketball as much as any fan-base in the country. unc, duke, uk.. doesn't matter. kind of like i read about uconn way back when, before...

add-on: donyell marshall is my all-time favorite connecticut cager
              Last edited by another shocker; April 7, 2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                i read in street & smith's years ago, before jim calhoun and corny thompson, that connecticut was a college basketball sleeping giant. it stuck out to me because connecticut was at that time, quite frankly, nothing nationally, it seemed. i couldn't understand it then, reading it.. like, they had rabid fan support or something, which carries a lot, at least (was the gist of it)? i didn't even hardly know that connecticut had a cbb team (i was young, sorry). that is one of the most prescient things i have ever read/heard/seen.. literally.

a.) connecticut must have had some cult following going on in the 70's.
                b.) wichita state fans love shocker basketball as much as any fan-base in the country. unc, duke, uk.. doesn't matter. kind of like i read about uconn way back when, before...
                The parallels between UCONN 's and WSU's basketball programs are actually quite amazing. I feel like you guys are the Gigi Hadid to our Naomi Campbell. Bright future ahead for WSU.

But...........I'm hoping Naomi still has some stand-out years left in her.

Comment

The parallels between UCONN 's and WSU's basketball programs are actually quite amazing. I feel like you guys are the Gigi Hadid to our Naomi Campbell. Bright future ahead for WSU.

i'm off to look up gigi hadid. naomi is probably just entering her prime.. uhm.. open flower, by the hour.

Comment

Very much so. UConn's '88 NIT championship could be rightly be viewed as their jumping-off point to much bigger things. I view WSU's the same way.

Another interesting parallel, of many, is Calhoun's background in transitioning a basketball team from DII to DI, as he did at Northeastern. Rather auspiciously at that. Marshall was at College of Charleston when they were still an NAIA school. There is a definite resemblance between the programs/coaches, and a lot of us around here feel like we can achieve the same things, with no exceptions.
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 8, 2017, 02:51 AM.

Comment

I hope Marshall doesn't achieve some of the things Calhoun did.

Comment

One of UC's more popular boards is Bearcat Banter:

Bearcat Banter: The #1 Board for Cincinnati Bearcats sports on the internet.

Comment

Since there is a forum tab for this can we unsticky this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Since there is a forum tab for this can we unsticky this thread?
                            Yes, do you know if there are any in this thread that aren't on the forum tab?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

What is this "forum tab" you're talking about?
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                                What is this "forum tab" you're talking about?
                                I'm sure there is a better name for it, but at the top of the forum, there are tabs 'Forums', 'WSU MBB Calendar', and 'Helpful Links.' The links in this thread are in the 'Helpful Links' tab.

Comment

Working...
                                X