John Gassaway ESPB College Basketball Analyst on WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Gassaway ESPB College Basketball Analyst on WSU

Did anyone hear Soren Petro today when he interviewed John Gassaway, the ESPN Basketball analyst on 810 in KC? His last question was "How will WSU do in the AAC? Gassaway without hesitation said that this year we would have won the league. He added that this would have been no small feat because SMU had such a great team but WSU was a Top 10 Team this year. He then said that we would compete for Championships every year and that Cincinnatti and other teams would be very good teams in a good conference.

I thought that this was a very flattering take from a writer with a national audience and was worth discussing.
    Last edited by shockmonster; March 31, 2017, 10:58 PM.

Great publicity like this will certainly not harm our recruiting and perhaps one day soon will result in a 7 footer who is not a project.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Did anyone hear Soren Petro today when he interviewed John Gassaway, the ESPN Basketball analyst on 810 in KC? His last question was "How will WSU do in the AAC? Gassaway without hesitation said that this year we would have won the league. He added that this would have been no small feat because SMU had such a great team but WSU was a Top 10 Team this year. He then said that we would compete for Championships every year and that Cincinnatti and other teams would be very good teams in a good conference.

I thought that this was a very flattering take from a writer with a national audience and was worth discussing.
      Do you have a link?

Very optimistic comments from JG; IMO the Shockers will compete for the AAC Championship next season and every season thereafter as long as HC3G leads the Shockers. Predicated on my belief that WSU is developing (or has developed) Succession Planning for both President Bardo and HC3G.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
        Do you have a link?

Very optimistic comments from JG; IMO the Shockers will compete for the AAC Championship next season and every season thereafter as long as HC3G leads the Shockers. Predicated on my belief that WSU is developing (or has developed) Succession Planning for both President Bardo and HC3G.
        Why would any success we have while 3G leads the Shocks be predicated on a succession plan?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Why would any success we have while 3G leads the Shocks be predicated on a succession plan?
          Apologies for not making my thoughts clear that the Shockers' would continue to compete for AAC Championships after HC3G retires from coaching Shocker Mens BB. I want the Shockers to avoid the decline after Ralph Miller left for Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
            Do you have a link?

After listening again, my paraphrasing was a little off. He said that WSU was less of a 10 seed than the 8-10th ranked team in the country. Still some very lofty comments.

at John Gassaway about 21:30

Comment

Working...
            X