Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Friday, and its a good time to be a Shocker

It's Friday.
    The Shox are about to upgrade conferences.
    Hooray us!

The future looks bright, but I thought it might also be fun to recap the last 7 years. (Please feel free to add your own highlights)

- 203-43 (83%) vs D1 Opponents
    - 1 NIT Championship
    - 6 NCAA Appearances
    - 5 Rounds of 32
    - 2 Sweet 16s
    - 1 Final Four

Final KenPom Rank:
    27, 11, 17, 6, 13, 13, 8*
    * = almost final

Comment

Tekele Cotton.

Comment

Who it took to beat the Shox:
        N/A, R32, National Champs, National Runner-Up, E8, S16, S16*
        * = Kentucky isn't done yet

Comment

NCAA Tournament Seed Performance:
          As a Favorite: 3-2
          As Equals: 1-0
          As an Underdog by 1-3 seeds: 2-0
          As an Underdog by 4+ seeds: 4-4

Comment

Fun Fact:
            WSU has led at some point in the 2nd half of all 16 NCAA Tournament games they've played since 2012.

Comment

WSU has more NCAA Tournament wins in the past 5 seasons (10) than Kansas State has in the past 25 combined (7).

Comment

4 NBA Players produced

Comment

Good stuff @ Jamar Howard 4 President

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Since Mark Turgeon took over as head coach of Maryland, he has won 3 NCAA Tournament games. Gregg Marshall has won 10 at WSU in that same timeframe.

If we add Turgeon's tenure at Texas A&M, he has 6 NCAA wins in 10 years. 6 is still less than 10.

#AtThisLevel

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      4 NBA Players produced
                      Finally had the pleasure of watching Shockers who will almost certainly be hanging in the rafters.

34-0 perfect season. Even though the ending was tough, it is still my favorite season. Also wish a banner was hanging in the rafters for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                        Finally had the pleasure of watching Shockers who will almost certainly be hanging in the rafters.

34-0 perfect season. Even though the ending was tough, it is still my favorite season. Also wish a banner was hanging in the rafters for it.
                        That season will live in my memory forever. That said, I was sooo nervous during every single game towards the end of it. Especially the 19 point comeback at Missouri St.. And of course the Valley tournament final, given our track record.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          4 NBA Players produced
                          It's actually 5:

Gal Mekel
                          Toure Murry
                          Cleanthony Early
                          Fred Van Vleet
                          Ron Baker

Edit: Wait, last seven years was the timeframe, not 10. Scratch Mekel.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I made the same mistake RMS. I hit cancel in the nick of time. Rather than give you a like for each of these @Jamar Howard 4 President:, this a a noisier all encompassing thank you. Keep 'em coming.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              Since Mark Turgeon took over as head coach of Maryland, he has won 3 NCAA Tournament games. Gregg Marshall has won 10 at WSU in that same timeframe.

If we add Turgeon's tenure at Texas A&M, he has 6 NCAA wins in 10 years. 6 is still less than 10.

#AtThisLevel
                              Somebody tell Jamar that Fever has hacked his account!

That post is way too savage for Jamar.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X