No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alize Johnson got picked in the second round. Good for him. Kinda crazy off an irrelevant MVC team

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      No one cares about the team; they care about the player. And Johnson was one hell of a player.

• Just saw shake Milton got traded to the 76ers

Comment

• Ok, so now that we are past the initial celebration...

was I the only one who noticed the stat line they showed as he was walking to the stage?

”5.8 APG (Led MVC)

Comment

• Happy for LS and his family. More Shockers to follow to NBA by and by.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Landry will make about $1.3 million guaranteed year one. Not a bad salary for a kid that didn’t graduate college.
          Year 1 nba rookie projected scale for #26 selection 1,407,500
          Year 2 1,689,000
          Year 3 1,126,000

About 5.1 million over three years. I expect Fred will make over that for his third season alone. Ron has nearly made that total for the last season $4.900,0000 and next season another 4.900,000.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Year 1 nba rookie projected scale for #26 selection 1,407,500
            Year 2 1,689,000
            Year 3 1,126,000

About 5.1 million over three years. I expect Fred will make over that for his third season alone. Ron has nearly made that total for the last season $4.900,0000 and next season another 4.900,000.
            Fred is the epitome of betting on yourself. By all accounts, Fred declined opportunities to be drafted in the second round. Then he proved himself on the court, and he will ultimately make more money than some of the guys drafted in the first round and significantly more than he would've made had he gotten stuck on a second round contract.

Ron is a good player, and I certainly think he has more years ahead of him in the NBA, but he was overpaid on this contract. And I couldn't be happier for him.

Comment

• ShockCrazy
              ShockCrazy commented
              Editing a comment
              I think Ron's contract is a consequence of Knicks needing to use the MLE to sign him. Once they have committed to using it, I imagine it gives the player plenty of leverage to get the full amount.

• So stoked for Landry. I was one that was a little surprised he left this year. But I was never mad at him for doing so. He just won that bet on himself and I'm thrilled. Philly will be a fun team to watch! He just might get a ring there in a few years....

Comment

• Good deal for Landry. Philly fans not happy but a lot of that is because they wanted the guy that went in the next pick to Boston. One thing I did notice is that thanks to ESPN's Woj, everyone has now changed the spelling on his last name to "Shamut".

Comment

• Happy for Landry and confident in the fact that I'll never see him, Ron, or Fred's name in any articles entitled, "NBA players who went broke after retiring". By and large, Shocker players who make it out the other side of the Gregg Marshall gauntlet are grown ass men.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Hearing your name called in the NBA Draft. Priceless.

Comment

• Couldn't be happier for Landry and his Mother and wishing him a most tremendous carrier in the NBA.

Comment

• Broadcasters on ESPN mentioned Philly needed shooters so I guess they were right bringing in Landry and also Shake Milton. I'd say recruiting Shocker point guards should get a lot easier for GGG after the last few years of nba notice.

Comment

• Couldn't be happier for Landry. He deserves it and definitely made the right decision. My only problem is Boston has been my NBA team for 50 yrs+ so seeing him in Philly will be hard. Toronto their is no history so easy to root for FVV and his team. Hopefully, Landry does great individually while Boston still whips Philly. Better yet they trade Landry to another team:), but at least he is on an NBA roster:))). Congrats!!!

It is interesting that all 3 former Shockers are in the same division as Boston.

Comment

• Shockadelica
                          Shockadelica commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As a long time Celtics fan myself, I feel the same way. I was lucky enough to attend the draft live last night in Brooklyn. The in arena commentator Rick Kamla (of NBAtv fame) gushed about Shamet. He was the only player that he wanted to pose for a pic with. Shamet looked like he was having the time of his life with all the interviews and pics, really happy for him and proud that he is (will always be) a Shocker.
                          Also Peyton Allen was heckled non-stop by the crowd lol.

• Originally posted by Attorney Scott Miller
                        Hey, Attorney Scott Miller up in this! I’m a lawyer, agent, do deals left and right, Want to make a deal? 1-800-LAW-FIRMS. I accept all kinds of green. Just talked with Landry and Melanie before they boarded their plan back to KC and we’re close to a legal deal man... Currently in negotiation to take him on as a client at DP Firms. I will fight for him and I will fight for you!! The number is 1-800-LAW-FIRMS, have you called yet?
                        1404381671_maxresdefault.jpg
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Barstool Wichita State‏ @BarstoolShocks
                          Wichita State was one of only 3 schools to have a player selected in the first round of the NBA AND MLB drafts. #Philly

6:12 PM - 27 Jun 2018

Comment

Working...
                          X