Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck Landry. Go get 'em.

Comment

• Just please, please. Not the freaking Knicks!

Comment

• I sincerely hope it works out for him. Get your money if it's there. Now for the reality...this will turn out to be a mistake. Love the kid and thankful for the 3 years he gave us, but he is no way ready to play in the NBA. Another year was required for him to make it...big mistake Landry. Now...go prove my stupid arse wrong!!!

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Iā€™m kind of with you here. He will get eaten alive as a PG. Iā€™m sure teams are projecting him as a wing/secondary ball handler. Heā€™s one of the best shooters weā€™ve had at WSU but he still has a lot of things to improve upon. But then again, so do a lot of the 1st rounders drafted on potential.

• Might be a mistake, but I dunno that he would go higher next year

Comment

• Steeleshocker
          Steeleshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Draft status aside, I think the point SHOXAAC is making is that he needed another year to be truly ready to make a long career in the NBA. As we've seen with Cle, with a fresh crop of players each year and smaller rosters, you have to prove your worth in the first couple of years or you fall out of sight quickly.

• Landry talks about his decision.

"I'm a firm believer that when an opportunity presents itself and your intuition tells you to go pursue to go make it happen, you should fully grasp onto that and go make it happen," Shamet said. "I feel good about it. I feel confident in myself."

Comment

• Good move for Landry. Right time.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Landry talks about his decision.

"I'm a firm believer that when an opportunity presents itself and your intuition tells you to go pursue to go make it happen, you should fully grasp onto that and go make it happen," Shamet said. "I feel good about it. I feel confident in myself."

This ended any speculation: "
            He is in the process of hiring an agent and plans to spend the bulk of the next three months preparing for the June 21 NBA Draft."

I hope he is able to fulfill his dream of the NBA and providing for his mom.

Comment

• I am big believer that his game will improve immensely with pro training. He will be a baller in summer league.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                ShockdaWorld commented
                Editing a comment
                100% agree with this!!

• Landry has been a great ambassador for Wichita State and I wish him the best. I look forward to seeing another Shocker in the league.

To me this seems premature, but from a risk/reward standpoint it makes sense.

IMO, Landry had enormous expectation on him and the injury and possibly a shooting slump, took some shine off his star.

He could not afford another injury or have an average year next year. While this isn't great for WSU, it might be best for Landry.

Hope everything works out for the best.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• kcshocker11
                kcshocker11 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think he will make us proud

• There's supposed to be a Bleacher Report article featuring Freddy where he talks about being able to work more on his game now after he finished school. I hope the same for Landry if and when he gets his shot.

Comment

• It's all water under the bridge now but the Season he had to redshirt due to an injury would have been even a better Shocker Season with him. Sad as a Shocker fan to see him go but happy as a lark for Landry and his pro future and I wish him the very best.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Uphill battle, but it always is breaking into professional sports. I don't see him as a first rounder (no guaranteed contract) but I'm not sure he'd be one next year either, so... why not get paid while getting another year of experience? Hopefully he'll do well focusing on roundball full time. Hope he finishes his degree, because ultimately he'll need it after basketball is done.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of the big risks he faces is not getting drafted 1st round and then not making a team. He ends up making $25k a year in the G League which does nothing for his mother, which he claims is one of the biggest factors in coming out early.

• OregonShocker
                    OregonShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dan True; and I think his risk is just as big next year. Why not find out now and get $25K?

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm a little surprised at his apparent confidence about being a first rounder, but Landry's an insider and I'm not, so I hope it proves to be justified. If by chance his name isn't called in the first round, we may see a repeat of what FVV and Baker did (both very successfully, as we now know) by discouraging teams from drafting him and instead aiming at free agency.

FVV and Baker were both stronger and more physically ready for the pro game, but Shamet may be a better athlete and is almost certainly a better shooter, so there's plenty of reason for optimism about what lies ahead.

• My father used to say, "If you pass over a million dollar a year contract because you need more education, then...you need more education!"

Comment

• Jon Rothsteinā€¸Verified account @JonRothstein

SMU's Shake Milton will sign with an agent and enter the 2018 NBA Draft, per his Twitter page. College career is over.

2:04 PM - 30 Mar 2018

Comment

• The entire AAC might be wide open next year... What you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                      X