No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta wish Landry the very best. He will be a great credit to whatever NBA team he signs with.

Hopefully he picks a good honest agent and perhaps even more import, a good honest, well respected, Financial Advisory Company to manage his earnings..

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Evan Wessel is looking for clients....

• I'd almost bet that Landry has had conversations with one (or more) team(s) that have essentially committed to him that he will be selected in the first round. Otherwise, being selected in the first round is a real gamble based on projections of 24th to 30th to second round.

Didn't Fred and Ron have discussions with teams that they did not want to be selected in the second round, but would rather wait for free agency?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Got get your well deserved $$$. Good luck and thank you for carrying the torch and keeping shocks relevant.
      Last edited by Shree; March 29, 2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Good luck to Landry. He may not need it; if he's declaring with an agent I imagine he believes he's going 1st round and probably for reasons other than raw confidence. It's really easy to slide back a couple spots as teams pick Europeans to stash, so I hope he's getting good advice or trustworthy promises from teams. There is a huge difference between 30 and 31, but Landry will get paid sooner or later.

I'm not really sure he's ready, but we've seen so few (no) players go early that maybe it clouds our judgment. These agents and teams should know better than us what talent looks like and what players can become. I know Landry's shooting is extraordinary and on a team that can leverage that by giving him looks as a wing or combo guard he'll shine, particularly the 3 happy offenses of Houston and Golden State. Hopefully wherever he goes he'll have the best available resources to build his strength and improve on defense.

One thing I'm certain of is that Landry is not doing this to leave Wichita State. He gave us as much time as possible, and seems truly sincere about it. I'm glad in the short time we had with him that he was able to truly showcase his abilities, including recently his Honorary All-American accolade. He joins an extremely short list: Littleton, Stallworth, the X-Man, Early, Baker, Van Vleet. I'd have loved to see him take this team to new heights the next couple of seasons, but now I'll turn my energy to cheering him on as a professional.
        Last edited by CBB_Fan; March 29, 2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Wish we could have had him fully healthy the whole time, but having a steady stream of Shockers going to the NBA, early even, is a net positive to our program in our efforts to recruit elite players.

All the best LS! Thanks for you contributions.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Welp...need two guards now.

Comment

• Somebody must've advised him that the timing was right and assured him he would most likely go in the first round. Little scary because Landry was one of few proven players we have returning but it's so awesome for him, and a great day for this program when we have the problem of players leaving early to pursue careers in the NBA.

He's probably already on the Knicks radar lol. No offense to the Knicks, but I hope somebody snags him before they do, although Landry reminds me of John Starks who was one of my favorite players as a kid and it'd be cool to see him reunite with Ron. Hopefully he goes to Golden State like some predict...could you imagine how crazy that team would be with Landry coming of the bench? Holy crap.

Godspeed Landry!

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Didn't Fred and Ron have discussions with teams that they did not want to be selected in the second round, but would rather wait for free agency?
                Ron and Fred had different situations. The NBA is unique in that there are just 15 roster spots and no real minor league system. Good teams often don't want or need their late first and second round pick. This is where draft and stash comes in with international players. Ron and Fred were essentially offered the American version: we'll draft you if you agree to a G League contract. Ron and Fred indicated they'd rather fight for a roster spot after the draft with their choice of interested teams .

Comment

• The NBA Mock Draft that came out yesterday doesn't have LS anywhere in the top 30. If this was before he declared, then it could change.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...est-mock-draft

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
                    Horn28Clem30 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A vast majority of the mocks i've read the last few days don't have him in the top 30 actually.

• Mocks change drastically after workouts.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll add this: there are many teams downplaying interest in Mr. Shamet, but they continued to send people to every game.

• SB Shock
                    SB Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well we also saw that almost all the teams in the AAC had people the NBA was interested in looking at.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thats not what I said.

• Win/Win. He gets his shot in the NBA. The team begins to write a different chapter.

Comment

• Good luck to Landry. i wasnt surprise. This is his time.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I think Landry is going to wish he had left after last year, but I also think staying next year would have little chance of helping his stock.

Regardless, good luck to him.

Comment

• Going into this year I thought he would be gone. Throughout the year my certainty lessened. That might have been the result of overall team performance as much as anything he did.

I have a feeling that his quick 3 pointer is a big attraction to the NBA guys. I also am pretty sure he's heard from a lot of trusted sources on his draft position. All my best wishes to Landry.

2012/2013 was a rebuilding year, it worked out pretty good. 2016/2017 was a rebuilding year, it was okay. 2018/2019 was already going to be a big rebuilding year, now it's just a little bigger. In Gregg we trust.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMarch View Post
                          Win/Win. He gets his shot in the NBA. The team begins to write a different chapter.
                          Kudos for the attempt at optimism, but I just don’t see how this is possibly better for WSU than if he had decided to stay.

Comment

Working...
                          X