No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 is a tough spot I think, unless you can get some sort of guarantee. Too easy to slide down to second round and get nothing.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Funny how much things can change in 2 weeks. We were saying he’s not NBA material after the Temple loss.

Comment

• Way to early to tell where Landry may fall out in the draft. It could change considerably better for him if we win the Conference, place no lower than 2nd in our tournament, and make it to the Sweet 16, or higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          Way to early to tell where Landry may fall out in the draft. It could change considerably better for him if we win the Conference, place no lower than 2nd in our tournament, and make it to the Sweet 16, or higher.
          What does all that have to do with it? I'm 99% sure teams draft players based on their potential and their prospects to convert that potential into skill not on how well a player's team does. Sure if the team does well that probably means the Landry is playing well but i'd bet that he has already been thoroughly evaluated and teams have decided they either would or would not like to draft him based on team needs. Obviously teams will continue to watch him and refine their evaluation but by now there is enough data for a team to have a good idea of the kind of player they would be getting.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            I suspect WheatShock is right -- performing well against quality opponents can't possibly hurt, but there are lots of NBA first rounders from overseas whose opponents may be pretty questionable, but who attained their status because of their own play and potential. Still, it only takes one team to fall in love and make you a first-rounder, so who knows?

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            Placing 2nd in the tourney and S16+ means he gets lots of extra high profile games. It may not be the difference between making someone's radar or not, but it definitely will raise the price of his stock if he shows well in those situations.

• 60Shock
            60Shock commented
            Editing a comment
            WheatShock, First you say that, Landry has been thoroughly evaluated by all NBA teams and they have decided by now as to whether they would like to draft him or not. Like where did I state otherwise? Then you indicate that obviously teams will continue to watch him and refine their evaluation. Did I not already indicate that? So the natural fallout of this should be that the more games in the post season our TEAM, led by our esteemed PG, Landry, plays and wins against the best teams in the nation, the more recognition and nationwide exposure WSU and our players will receive. And I still stick with my comment that if we make it to the Sweet 16 and higher, Landry's potential for moving up in the NBA draft improves considerably. Cause without Landry and the entire team playing exceptionally well, we are likely not to advance as far as we would like.

• he's becoming more aggressive here lately.

Comment

• When do the Knicks pick? They seem to have a fondness for signing Shockers.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• There is too much speculation (for my taste) regarding next year. Anyone whose attentions favor next year , in the middle of a conference race and future March Madness, needs to have their head examined. There is too high of stakes in the current race to speculate and postulate about scenarios that are mired in “Enquirer” magazine type of proof.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                There is too much speculation (for my taste) regarding next year. Anyone whose attentions favor next year , in the middle of a conference race and future March Madness, needs to have their head examined. There is too high of stakes in the current race to speculate and postulate about scenarios that are mired in “Enquirer” magazine type of proof.
                Umm...we’re fans of the team AND the program. Being a fan of the team makes us care about this year. Being a fan of the program makes us care about next year. Talking about next year doesn’t mean our attention “favors” next year or that we need our head examined. Perhaps the head that needs examined is one that’s incapable of thinking about both.

Comment

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can think about both. No one said you can’t. I didn’t see you highly predicting that both Landry and Markis won’t be back. That’s speculating in Fools Gold. No one can know such things.

• ShoxRoxMySox
                  ShoxRoxMySox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Speculating in fools gold? Welcome to Shockernet, it's kind of what forums are for.

• About the only thing I will predict is that Landry will go through the pre-draft workouts and 3G will sign another combo guard, heavy on point guard skills.

Comment

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Everyone is a tea leave reader. Lol. Players aren't making decisions yet. Our coaches don't know for sure what they will do. If we have a great March run, Landry most likely led it. But if we fizzle out, these guys may still want to go but the opportunities aren't there. Can anyone not need the Vegas syndrome and wait for it to play out?

There is too much speculation (for my taste) regarding next year. Anyone whose attentions favor next year , in the middle of a conference race and future March Madness, needs to have their head examined. There is too high of stakes in the current race to speculate and postulate about scenarios that are mired in “Enquirer” magazine type of proof.
                LOL...just sound like a one game at a time and do your job kind of fan. Newsflash nothing we speculate about as fans has any correlation with on court performance.

Comment

• Fans...speculating...how absurd.

Comment

• Dang, I'm even looking at the 2019 recruiting class. We only have 2 Jr's on the roster and DeAntoni Gordon is already a 2019 commit, so there's only one ship available. With all the time we've had on ESPN this year, that one schollie could be a big fish, if not a lunker. Then there's Ty Berry up in Newton and an exciting Fr class in Wichita HS ball.

And yet, even after all that, I'm able to look forward to the next game and enjoy the current season. I'm expecting one more loss on the season and a 3 seed.

Oh, and to stay on topic. I believe Shamet will be back for another year. This is his first full year running point and I think he needs another year of playing the position before he's ready for the next level. Give him a year to see if two healed feet improve his drives to the basket and his ability to stay in front of the guy he's guarding.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Mainly I'm saying the statement by a fan that said he'd be shocked to see either alandry or MM come back is just an absurd comment at this time. That is a reckless speculative comment built like National Enquirer type of comment. :)

Comment

• im4wsu
                        im4wsu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe he is a snowflake who shocks (pun intended) easily?

• ShockerPhi
                        ShockerPhi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Alright everyone, no more speculating. Thread police has given us a warning. It's clearly very dangerous and needs to stop now.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Oh, and to stay on topic. I believe Shamet will be back for another year. This is his first full year running point and I think he needs another year of playing the position before he's ready for the next level. Give him a year to see if two healed feet improve his drives to the basket and his ability to stay in front of the guy he's guarding.
                      Honestly his injury history is a big reason to take the money and run if he would be a 1st rounder.

I also wonder how that history effects how NBA teams look at him. Would it scare them off a bit?
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Mainly I'm saying the statement by a fan that said he'd be shocked to see either alandry or MM come back is just an absurd comment at this time. That is a reckless speculative comment built like National Enquirer type of comment. :)
                        Common man! :)

national-enquirer-the-caitlyn-jenners-baby-bump-13172835.png
                        Attached Files
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X