Fire Will Kunkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It’s extremely weird how PC you are about everything.

Why would it be anyone else’s fault that he couldn’t land a job?
    He didn't say it was anyone else's fault. Try reading his post again and see if you can figure out what he was saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

He didn't say it was anyone else's fault. Try reading his post again and see if you can figure out what he was saying.
      Ok. I reread the post. Kel stated how people were joyous about the possibility of him not getting a job. I must've missed those posts. Care to point hat out for me?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        What's the eyeball conversion factor on a FOX affiliate compared to a mainline NBC/ABC/CBS affiliate? Is FOX Charlotte roughly equivalent to ABC Minot, ND or similar?
        Correct. His Fox Charlotte news slot will be seen by less eyeballs than KWCH. Congrats on the downgrade, Will.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What's the eyeball conversion factor on a FOX affiliate compared to a mainline NBC/ABC/CBS affiliate? Is FOX Charlotte roughly equivalent to ABC Minot, ND or similar?
          Charlotte newspaper reports Fox affiliate (WJZY) viewership is low -
          6 AM
          WSOC 67,700 +14%
          WBTV 67,100 +5%
          WCNC 30,900 +58%
          WCCB 10,500 +36%
          WJZY 4,600 +175%
          NOON
          WSOC 64,400 unchg.
          WBTV 61,000 -23%
          WCNC 22,000 +5%
          6 PM
          WSOC 109,000 +2%
          WBTV 104,600 -6%
          WCNC 47,000 -9%
          WJZY 7,400 +56%
          NATIONAL NEWSCASTS
          ABC 137,000 +9%
          CBS 95,000 -2%
          NBC 69,000 -1%
          10 PM
          WAXN 38,000 -10%
          WCCB 16,600 -26%
          WJZY 15,400 +12%
          11 PM
          WBTV 81,000 -2%
          WSOC 64,300 +4%
          WCNC 37,000 unchg.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/en...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Looks like Kunkel took a serious hit. The only upside I can see is that he might have incentive clauses if his station boosts their ratings - and there is a LOT of room for that to happen.

I'm reminded of the sports guy out of Omaha who hated Marshall and started a Creighton BB message board.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• bleed yellow
              bleed yellow commented
              Editing a comment
              We may never know what Kunkel's issue with WSU was.. He never seemed to annoy anyone on the basketball team surprisingly.. If anything I bet it was being from a different state he probably just heard lots of stuff about KU and jumped on that bandwagon. It was just strange that he obviously despised WSU, to a point where you could tell his KWCH coworkers were like "Oh ****, here he goes again, run!" Parsons was Kunkel's partner in crime for a bit but then wisely abandoned ship, suddenly became very neutral. If anything I will forever be weary of KWCH after that debacle. WSU and it's fans did nothing to deserve it.

• I stopped watching KWCH all-together because their sports department took such a massive deuce. The change didn’t happen overnight, but it was like going from AAA to church league co-ed, but a church league co-ed where everyone lives in perpetual psychosis and thinks they’re big time.

For everyone who hated on Bruce H, it’s a lesson in being careful what you wish for.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              There's nobody on earth that could be bad enough to make me miss Teh Bruce. It's just a cringe of a different kind.

T

...:cool:

• Trifecta of Wichita sportscaster getting new jobs this week. Besides Kunkel, Chase Shannon of Kake left for San Antonio And KSN's Elliott Polakoff left for Hartford, CT
            Last edited by washedup; August 31, 2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• hqdefault.jpg
              Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              I stopped watching KWCH all-together because their sports department took such a massive deuce. The change didn’t happen overnight, but it was like going from AAA to church league co-ed, but a church league co-ed where everyone lives in perpetual psychosis and thinks they’re big time.

For everyone who hated on Bruce H, it’s a lesson in being careful what you wish for.
              Yes, be very careful...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Chiefs game ran long last night, Couldn't watch CH12 News. Tried CH3. Apparently they only hire beautiful women nowadays. I may not switch back.

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
                  Trifecta of Wichita sportscaster getting new jobs this week. Besides Kunkel, Chase Shannon of Kake left for San Antonio And KSN's Elliott Polakoff left for Hartford, CT
                  I kinda liked Chase Shannon. Looks like he's headed to sister stations WOAI (NBC) and KABB (Fox) in San Antonio. Looks like a decent gig either way. If it's Fox, he can work himself up to the NBC station.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not sure about Hartford CT, but San Antonio is definitely a move up.

Shannon's fellow KAKEster from many years ago, Roger Wallace, moved to Austin -- which wasn't nearly as big then as it has become, although it was still a move up -- and never left; he's now entrenched not only on a local station there but also as one of the UT announcing crew. If Chase does nearly as well for himself, he'll have prospered.

• All three of those markets much larger and better TV markets than Wichita.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's never been in dispute. The question is whether a larger market, but with a non ABC/NBC/CBS station that has a lot smaller viewership than was had in Wichita, is a step up or lateral at best. Chase's advantage is if he's working for the Fox station, that ownership also has the NBC station.

All three of those markets much larger and better TV markets than Wichita.
                  Well you were able to fully miss the boat on this one.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

All three of those markets much larger and better TV markets than Wichita.
                    They might be better markets, but the quality of their sports programming just lowered itself a notch or two closer to the realm of incompetence. I'm talking cringe worthy level, with no emphasis needed.

Comment

I stopped watching KWCH all-together because their sports department took such a massive deuce. The change didn’t happen overnight, but it was like going from AAA to church league co-ed, but a church league co-ed where everyone lives in perpetual psychosis and thinks they’re big time.

Absolute truth. The last local sports segment worth watching was back when ol Bruce was in town. WSU was covered first and in-depth.

I haven't watched local news on any station since.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Come back The Bruce!
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X