• Show
Clear All

• well-bye-meme-663.jpg

Comment

• Good riddance.

Comment

• Yes!!

Wait, don't you dare come to Denver.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Chubs
          Chubs commented
          Editing a comment
          Like he could fit his way into the Denver market. We actually have some good journalists here.

• I don't get the hate.

He's a great guy and has done a good job covering the Shockers.

We could do a lot worse.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• wheathead
          wheathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Ummm......where have you been?

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          That one broke the needle on my meter.

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        We could do a lot worse.
        Could we though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Could we though?
          Daniel “Plane Shocker” Bryan hired by KWCH to replace Moose Knuckle.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha. I'll take my chances.

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            IT ONLY RAINS EAST OF THE TURNPIKE

• Probably getting his dream job in the major market in lawrence kansas.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Just in time for me to move back to Wichita. Thank goodness

Comment

• If he ended up in Des Moines, I would laugh and laugh and laugh.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Gee, I can’t imagine why a sports anchor would say no to Wichita after this.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  Gee, I can’t imagine why a sports anchor would say no to Wichita after this.
                  I think not.

I'm dating myself here, but Mark Allan was great. Jim Kobbe. Jonathan Coachmen. Even Bruce Haertl was solid, though he had some eccentricities. Those were outstanding and well liked sports anchors.

Will Kunkel OBVIOUSLY had a some sort of issue with WSU. His subtle digs and back handed compliments were unbecoming of the tradition those gentlemen above established. While no one should expect local media to be cheerleaders for the program, they sure as hell shouldn't belittle it.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Joining in dating myself...

Roger Wallace, who's now entrenched in Austin on TV and apparently also does sideline work for Texas football, used to be in Wichita, as did Bill Land, who moved up in the TV ranks, and Dave Armstrong (my favorite courtside announcer at WSU when he did that job for a while). So Wichita does have some history of solid TV sports guys, and both RMS's Mark Allan and Jim Kobbe even stayed around for quite a while rather than trying to climb the TV ladder. But we definitely seem to have hit a dry spell recently.

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    WSUwatcher, funny you say that about Dave Armstrong. I once watched the 1987 KU game with WuDrWu and upon hearing Dave Armstrong do the starting lineup, I could swear that Doc wanted to barf all over my living room.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My stomach turning was not completely limited to the appearance of Diamond Dave WuShock16 but he does get the lion's share of the blame no doubt. Dave Armstrong is a lying, manipulative, egotistical douchenozzle that both willingly and proudly thrusts his tongue 4 feet up ku's sphincter on a thrice daily basis and would sell his mother's soul for $1 or the slightest affirmation from any t-shirt wearing beaker fan. Other than that I suppose he's ok.

• I think Wichita embraces its sports personalities quite well for the most part. Paul Suellentrop, Taylor Eldridge, Jenn Bates just to name a few. Bruce maybe was a bit annoying to some people, but I think everyone overall liked him and miss him. The Kunkster clearly didn't like Wichita that much and it showed. Which is a big reason a lot of people on here didn't like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    I think Wichita embraces its sports personalities quite well for the most part. Paul Suellentrop, Taylor Eldridge, Jenn Bates just to name a few. Bruce maybe was a bit annoying to some people, but I think everyone overall liked him and miss him. The Kunkster clearly didn't like Wichita that much and it showed. Which is a big reason a lot of people on here didn't like him.
                    I don't miss Bruce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      Gee, I can’t imagine why a sports anchor would say no to Wichita after this.
                      lol seriously?

Kunkle didn’t say no to Wichita; Wichita rejected him first. He made his own grave and tried to play catch-up but it was too late.

Sorry, not sorry.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Somewhere, bleed yellow has a ginormous smile implanted firmly on his face.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• bleed yellow
                          bleed yellow commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I LOL'd when I saw this in the news this morning.. Kunkel clearly had no idea what he was doing in Kansas. Today is a good day.
                      Working...
                      X