No announcement yet.

Ask Yourself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming we stay in the MVC, our average margin of victory in conference will be ~30 points per game.

Comment

Very disappointing end -- one possession for the season, down one with 26 seconds left, but without their best lineup (no Frankamp) they really didn't have a good possession. That's what doomed them at the end more than the final blocked three at the buzzer. And so many missed opportunities: as just one example, even just 7-9 from the line instead of 6-9, and they could more easily have held the ball for a final shot, knowing that at worst they'd be in OT.

Having said all that, I agree with everyone in their satisfaction with a great season. For this team, a year early in the eyes of most, to finish 31-5 and come down to a final possession against Kentucky, is an unexpectedly wonderful performance and one to be proud of indeed.

I'm also hoping it will drive and inspire next year's edition in the same way the 1988 College World series debacle against Arizona State spurred on the 1989 baseball Shockers, and I'm hoping for the same result -- and I don't think it's an unrealistic hope. A lot of things have to go right, for any team, to win the basketball championship. But I like next year's Shockers as a way-too-early contender to go all the way.

Meanwhile, I'm happy with and proud of the effort by this year's team. Great job, guys! As the saying goes, it really is a GREAT time to be a Shocker fan.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        This season was definitely a success. Great season and it has me itching for next year.

Let's say next year we're 35-3 and just lost in the Elite Eight. Would you take that for next year? I'd say let's play it out.
        No we'll be an 11-12 seed, because in spite of our great record we couldn't advance.
        We'll have the potential to do better than that.
        Whatever happens I'm sure we'll be proud of our coach, the quality of the students athletes and the entire program.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

I say go Long Beach State style and schedule all the blue bloods and kick the **** outta them at their house next year.

Now THAT would be a statement.

Comment

It was a great season for a great team and coaches. I am very proud of all of them on and off of the court. They represent our university and our city in the best manner possible. They had a great season with even greater potential for next year. I am incredibly proud of our Shockers.
            Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
              I say go Long Beach State style and schedule all the blue bloods and kick the **** outta them at their house next year.

Now THAT would be a statement.
              Hell, we only need to win 50% of those games and we'll be a 4 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                I think you make the very poor assumption that the same standards apply to everyone.

Comment

We wouldn't win 50%, not because we aren't good enough, but no way the NCAA would allow it. We'd be lucky to shoot a single free throw during that run.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    Assuming we stay in the MVC, our average margin of victory in conference will be ~30 points per game.
                    Awesome, that might move us to the 8/9 game

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I think you make the very poor assumption that the same standards apply to everyone.
                      Well yeah. It was definitely tongue-in-cheek.

Comment

I love the shox but I'm a practical guy. After watching us look bad early against every team that was tournament worthy, I questioned this teams ceiling. I knew we had improved, our shot selection got better, our defense improved, but it hadn't been tested and I was skeptical. Coach and the guys are for real again without the three NBA caliber guys that have graduated. 3G is doing a job on par with the miracle in manhatten, on par with Gene building a baseball power from scratch. We shocker fans have been truly blessed again. Sometimes you guys annoy me with your unbridled optimism without data points that back it up but I have to say you were proven right again, for as long as Gregg coaches here I vow to always believe from now on.
                        THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

I'm thinking more a 2 or 3 seed with some great wins, but even better, maybe a quality loss to really cement our SOS. Gotta be battle tested, yet not perfect, ya know?

Comment

What a Season we had. Early on we lost 3 games to very tough teams. This meant we had little wiggle room to Dance on the road or at home. We win the Valley and the Valley Lew and had a huge winning streak. To do so, our large Junior Class had to really step up as they did and so did our Freshmen lead by #11. MM joined Brown as starters playing solid on both sides of the hardwood. Our team grew leaps and bounds since Canada including our Defense. The skeptics thought we would crash and burn after losing Bake and Smooth and 3 other Seniors. Coach Marshall and his Staff deserve credit for the rebuild and our players as well for executing what they were taught. Next Season will be here before we know it and we will see more of the same and we hope for even a better Dance finish with this Squad returning.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              When the season started would a 31 win season, losing to a #2 seed by 3 points in the Dance have been considered a success?

For this Shocker booster, I believe so.

Good season Shocks.

Go Shocks!
                              Absolutely yes!

Comment

Working...
                              X