No announcement yet.

Wichita State v Kentucky game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the video of her drinking vodka out of her big gulp cup? Where is she stumbling around, falling, or generally losing balance? If she was so drunk she was acting like that after 35+ minutes of game play, she probably couldnt walk to her seat when she got there. It takes an awful lot of alcohol to stay lit for a whole basketball game without drinking. Where is the video of any of that? This is some bush league bullshit and I hope the community members paying marshalls salary step up and get some of these liberal dipshit media buffoons fired. They arent happy unless Rome is burning.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Someone needs to make sure his management knows how he's representing their company
      They're so far on the back side of their business model that they don't even care. They're happy to get whatever pub they can.

I'll think about the Eagle tomorrow for about 1/10th of a second, while I'm gathering for the trash their effing "Neighbors" ad pack that they litter the neighborhood with, unsolicited.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        His management is probably the Boob. No?
        i need a photoshopped bust with bobs face replacing the left areola and kunkles on the right. Someone make it happen.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• The Marshall family is a class act............period. Your loyal
          Shocker fans know you and have your back. Passionate coach,
          wife and family. Wouldn't want it any other way. Going to be
          another thirty plus win season next year and S16 at the very
          least. Hopefully another F4. Face it. We have A LOT of
          passionate fans that love the team, the coach, Lynn and family !

Comment

• Blind Support

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            Why? You think we're going to miss out on a recruit because the coach's wife roots for the team passionately?
            I usually admire Shocker faithful support. Its passionate, undeniable and true.
            However, there are limits to everything - even loyalty.

If you were not there, you do not know what happened. You can guess, speculate and even attempt to visualize. But you really don't know unless you witnessed it.
            Most, if not all who have posted on here about a certain fans behavior, were not there.

Uh hmmm... I was. 12 rows away directly behind a certain fan.

Those of us who care to partake in an occasional libation know there can be certain bodily affects that occur from consuming such.
            I may or may not have endured such occasions. Thats for another day. :-)

I am hopeful that was the case today. Mainly because we all have been there and and when sober, know better.
            I am also hopeful, because if the case, it will be easier to digest and accept the behavior that was exhibited.

Once again all I know is what I witnessed. Because I was there.

If you condone standing up and screaming obscenities at an official acceptable behavior, alrighty.
            If you condone standing on your seat and screaming obscenities that would make a sailor blush acceptable, alrighty again.
            If you scream obscenities to where your daughter has to get up and walk away for a bit, alrighty #3.

I know fan loyalty is an admirable trait. But only to point. Only to point where it becomes blind support.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
              We continued to take the Eagle for a couple of years longer than we would have, for the sports section. Makes me glad I cancelled it.
              Main reason we still get the Eagle is our 11 year old dog who has done the following since she was a pup. Let her out of a morning, does her duty, then runs out to the end of the driveway and brings the paper in. The Sunday paper is almost as big as she is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                I usually admire Shocker faithful support. Its passionate, undeniable and true.
                However, there are limits to everything - even loyalty.

If you were not there, you do not know what happened. You can guess, speculate and even attempt to visualize. But you really don't know unless you witnessed it.
                Most, if not all who have posted on here about a certain fans behavior, were not there.

Uh hmmm... I was. 12 rows away directly behind a certain fan.

Those of us who care to partake in an occasional libation know there can be certain bodily affects that occur from consuming such.
                I may or may not have endured such occasions. Thats for another day. :-)

I am hopeful that was the case today. Mainly because we all have been there and and when sober, know better.
                I am also hopeful, because if the case, it will be easier to digest and accept the behavior that was exhibited.

Once again all I know is what I witnessed. Because I was there.

If you condone standing up and screaming obscenities at an official acceptable behavior, alrighty.
                If you condone standing on your seat and screaming obscenities that would make a sailor blush acceptable, alrighty again.
                If you scream obscenities to where your daughter has to get up and walk away for a bit, alrighty #3.

I know fan loyalty is an admirable trait. But only to point. Only to point where it becomes blind support.

That is all.
                Man, you shoulda heard me cussing when that ******* ref didn't call goaltending on Frankamps lay-up. Probably could of heard it outside. And I was stone cold sober... Was she staggering all over herself?

In all honesty she was probably more pissed at the NCAA for matching us up with Kentucky again, which reeked of a cold blooded, calculated, selection.
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 19, 2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Alright then, let's start a coffee, Tylenol, and Wendy's burger donation drive for Lynn!! I'll donate the Tylenol!

We love you Lynn!

#WhoSpikedLynnsSoda
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I have Maggie on Snapchat and Lynn was absolutely plastered. She was drinking Hennessy before the game and was nottttt in a good state of mind. The reports may have been a bit blown out of proportion but there is no question she could have handled herself better.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      And ugh.
                      Back to the game, I hope, considering that this is a game thread and not a fan behavior thread...

And for those who grumble about why Marshall doesn't call timeouts much during the game and instead tries to protect them like a drunk hanging onto his last bottle of gin, that next-to-last possession culminating in McDuffie's premature, unnecessary three that got blocked should tell you all you need to know. If he'd had one left when WSU got the ball down one with 26 seconds left, you can bet that once the ball got stuck in Duff's hands #G would have called it and tried to set up something better.

Of course, it would also be nice, if WSU is going to keep running into Kentucky, if just once (a) it would be in a round befitting the quality of the teams rather than some premature collision set up by the selection buffoons (uh, "committee" -- although maybe "committed" would be a better term), and (b) the Shocks could have a chance to come down the stretch with the players they want in the game and physically intact. Three years ago, it was FVV spending most of the second half trying to clear away cobwebs after bonking his head on the floor (on what I believe was also called a charge, chiefly because the ball was in VanVleet's hands instead of those of a Harrison, in which case it would have been a block on the WSU defender); today, it was Frankamp smacking knees with Tank Briscoe and being sidelined at the worst possible time to be missing another shooter and reliable ballhandler. Maybe the third time, hopefully in a later round, will finally be the charm?
                      Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 19, 2017, 11:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                        I have Maggie on Snapchat and Lynn was absolutely plastered. She was drinking Hennessy before the game and was nottttt in a good state of mind. The reports may have been a bit blown out of proportion but there is no question she could have handled herself better.
                        Was she staggering around and slurring her words?

Comment

Would it help if I just said Maggie took the video down after the whole incident at the arena? Couldn't tell you how much she'd drank then or after, all I know is she sure was having a good time.

Comment

Would that make it justified? We have our own eye witnesses stating she was drunk, inappropriately cursing in a way that 12 rows away could understand it, while embarrassing her daughter. Am I going to look at her in a jaded way? No...however she is the wife of arguably the most public figure in our city. This behavior, which appears to be substantiated, is embarrassing and she should wear it, own it, take the appropriate public criticism for it, apologize publically for it...and then let's move on.

Comment

• Wow, just wow.

Its funny how certain moments just stick in your mind. Unusual moments tend to stick around longer.

One in particular occurred in the first half when the ball was to be put in play out of bounds to WSU, opposite of their bench.

As O'Connell was getting ready to put it in play, a certain fan starts screaming obscenities at him.
                              He looked up at the fan, then looked back down and shook his head.
                              He then bounced the ball to the WSU player and again looked back at the fan and shook his head in disgust.

It was kind of a microcosm of the entire afternoon.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Anyone have a report on how Cal's and Marshall's handshake went?
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X