Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    I want to see a bracket where teams are ranked by kenpom
    That is actually rather easy as he has the seeds with his ranking. You will see that it looks like the NCAA did their seeding with dart board (kind of follow some logic). 28 out of the 40 teams are incorrectly seeded per Ken Pom. 13 are given better seeds than they deserve and 15 are given worse seeds than they deserve. In our case Dayton is really a 9 seed, and WSU is grossely underseeded to it Ken Pom.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      That is actually rather easy as he has the seeds with his ranking. You will see that it looks like the NCAA did their seeding with dart board (kind of follow some logic). 28 out of the 40 teams are incorrectly seeded per Ken Pom. 13 are given better seeds than they deserve and 15 are given worse seeds than they deserve. In our case Dayton is really a 9 seed, and WSU is grossely underseeded to it Ken Pom.
      Actually I recounted:

15 - underseeded (by an average of 2.67)
      15 - overseeded (by an average of 2.00)

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        So really, what you want me to do is to adjust my expectations and units of measure to match your own, which are patterned directly after those of the NCAA Selection Committee, which themselves have been roundly mocked by the national media for their seeding treatment of WSU?

Got it, even though I don't.
        Actually only thing I asked you was to tell me what 6 seed you would replace with WSU and why. Your answer was wasn't it obvious? To me it not.

Comment

I try to start a light-hearted thread to have some fun and what happens? Fights break out, and we end up in arguments over metrics, analytics, and every other God-forsaken way to get massive series of posts claiming "I'm right and you're wrong".

I guess threads for enjoyment and light-hearted fun just aren't what the posters here want on the board.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            For the record, the analytics say Kentucky is one of 7 teams that would be favored over WSU. So expecting WSU to win that game to "prove the analytics correct" is a false narrative.
            I understand. But if we want change with the NCAA we need a major P5 coach standing up to the NCAA demanding change. Because even though Kentucky is favored, they actually should have a easier path to the S16 as 2 seed if the committee properly seeded it.

Comment

So which 6th seed do you replace with WSU and why?
              Creighton went 3-8 in KenPom's A&B rated games with their current roster. Giving them a 6 seed and WSU a 10 is insanity.

Comment

Actually only thing I asked you was to tell me what 6 seed you would replace with WSU and why. Your answer was wasn't it obvious? To me it not.
                It's not obvious because you're being purposefully difficult and contrarian, or because since the Selection Committee is wrong we should also think wrongly?
                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; March 16, 2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I try to start a light-hearted thread to have some fun and what happens? Fights break out, and we end up in arguments over metrics, analytics, and every other God-forsaken way to get massive series of posts claiming "I'm right and you're wrong".

I guess threads for enjoyment and light-hearted fun just aren't what the posters here want on the board.
                  Dude you like to argue with the best of them, so the kettle's black.

Comment

I understand. But if we want change with the NCAA we need a major P5 coach standing up to the NCAA demanding change. Because even though Kentucky is favored, they actually should have a easier path to the S16 as 2 seed if the committee properly seeded it.
                    I mean, year after year we have validated advanced metrics. Year after year, people say we haven't played anyone. Year after year, we go further than expected, or we play someone tougher than expected, or whatever.

And yet, year after year, nothing changes. Sorry if I don't believe that beating UK this year would get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Dude you like to argue with the best of them, so the kettle's black.
                      That's racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        Creighton went 3-8 in KenPom's A&B rated games with their current roster. Giving them a 6 seed and WSU a 10 is insanity.
                        Do you think having CU AD on the selection committee he wasn't pushing the narrative of you have to judge a team by it "full body of work"?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          I mean, year after year we have validated advanced metrics. Year after year, people say we haven't played anyone. Year after year, we go further than expected, or we play someone tougher than expected, or whatever.

And yet, year after year, nothing changes. Sorry if I don't believe that beating UK this year would get the job done.
                          You are probably right. That why the solution for the P5 will be to split Div I to go ahead and get rid of mid-majors.

Comment

Do you think having CU AD on the selection committee he wasn't pushing the narrative of you have to judge a team by it "full body of work"?
                            You previously asked what SHOULD have happened. Creighton as a 6 and WSU as a 10 should not have happened. It was a terrible decision. Period.

Having an explanation for HOW it happened doesn't make it any better.

Comment

Virginia
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

And all this time I thought all along that it wasn't over till the "fat lady sings"

Comment

Working...
                                X