Where Are You Watching Game Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Are You Watching Game Friday?

Just throwing this out now. If any SNers are out in Western Shawnee, I'm gonna be watching the game at The Other Place at SM Pkwy and K7.

Will be loaded with KU fans and at least 2 WSU fans, if anyone is interested in joining me it would be fun to meet some fellow posters in person.

Wish I could hit a Wichita bar for this one, but will have to make due.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Somewhat relevant: does anyone know the process for starting an alumni association chapter in a specific city? I know the alumni association is pretty active in some bigger cities that have a decent number of alums.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Somewhat relevant: does anyone know the process for starting an alumni association chapter in a specific city? I know the alumni association is pretty active in some bigger cities that have a decent number of alums.
      Contact @SPEShockAlum: when he was in Omaha he had watch parties at a local bar, Omaha fans/almuni havent done anything since he moved back to Wichita. I'm not the organizer type so that group "disbanded".

Comment

Get in touch with Lynn Loveland at the alumni association - she can help you get the ball rolling with coordinating watch parties and events.

Comment

We've watched at the Fox and Hound in Overland Park here in the KC area.<br>

Comment

by the microwave in the basement of the science building
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

Thanks @dwbarcl:.

Tate Blanton and Lynn Loveland are both good contacts at the Alumni Association.

Comment

Probably the Pumphouse in Old Town

Comment

Originally posted by Fafhrd Mouser View Post
                  Probably the Pumphouse in Old Town
                  Get there EARLY. Friday is St. Patricks day ... KU Tips at 5:50, WSU at 6:10, KSU at 6:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Get there EARLY. Friday is St. Patricks day ... KU Tips at 5:50, WSU at 6:10, KSU at 6:27.
                    Do you think the Pumphouse gets TruTV?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Better make sure BEFORE you get to a bar that the sound for the WSU game is going to be on the speakers and how many TVs will have the WSU game on.

Going to be a mad house of fans from all three teams at the bars at the same time, so I don't want any of my WSU friends stuck listening to the KU/KSU game sound.

I have a friend that owns a bar here in Wichita that is going crazy trying to decide what they're going to do at her bar for that time period. She fully expects a ton of anger over which game has sound and which TVs have which game on it.

If you're in another city/state, you should probably check when you get there as well. KU has a lot more fans (bandwagon mostly) in other towns (especially KC) than we do it seems.

Personally I'm staying home and cooking on my grill as I drink my beer. Plus I usually get too irate to be around strangers during games.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Yes, I watched the Vandy game there last year

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Aren't the shox on cbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
                            Aren't the shox on cbs?
                            Yes, The mild cats are on tru

Comment

I am at the Pumphouse right now. Crowded as hell. The audio will be for the Shocker game.

The bartender said I usually sit on the other side of the bar. He said if Shockers are trailing at half he's making me move.

Comment

Working...
                              X