Doug Gottlieb's Job In Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    So is Goob retire 12's "great source" on the Redturd board?
    Ha! Thought the same thing, though I think he said it was "inside the program" or what-have-you
    The Assman

Comment

Just in the last week he blasted Marshall and said "nobody likes him".
      I know, which is surprising he hasnt doubled down on that.....

Yet
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Turns out when you're a national-level media member, and you unprofessionally handle your communications as if you're essentially an internet troll, it doesn't lead to a positive outcome.

Who could've possibly guessed?

Comment

Just in the last week he blasted Marshall and said "nobody likes him".
          So did lootz didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            So did lootz didn't he?
            No, Lutz made fun of him. Something to the effect of, "DG says that no one likes GM. If there's anyone who knows about people not liking him..."
            78-65

Comment

I know Doug doesn't like WSU, but he is actually one of my favorite announcers. Explains the game pretty well and he doesn't constantly gripe about officiating. Anyway, I already got the pleasure of trolling Doug in person, so that makes me feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Just said he has heard WSU to the AAC in 18-19 season, question is whether UCONN and Cincy still being in it.
                Where did he think those two were going? I think it played well for the stablity of the AAC, when the weakest P5 conference said "no" to all the AAC football schools. And this at a time when the Big 12 probably needed to expand, or face extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                  I know Doug doesn't like WSU, but he is actually one of my favorite announcers. Explains the game pretty well and he doesn't constantly gripe about officiating.
                  I agree as far as his game analysis. I think he's one of the best out there. I just think he sucks as radio hosts go.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                    Where did he think those two were going? I think it played well for the stablity of the AAC, when the weakest P5 conference said "no" to all the AAC football schools. And this at a time when the Big 12 probably needed to expand, or face extinction.
                    He said the ACC would invite them.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I always thought he was a great analyst, had a lot of insight. But like Jay Bilas, he sometimes thinks/wants people to think he's smarter than he is and gets a little arrogant. And then both he and WSU fans doubled down on the whole feud thing and it got weird.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        I always thought he was a great analyst, had a lot of insight. But like Jay Bilas, he sometimes thinks/wants people to think he's smarter than he is and gets a little arrogant. And then both he and WSU fans doubled down on the whole feud thing and it got weird.
                        Unlike Bilas though, he's usually not witty and smart.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Unlike Bilas though, he's usually not witty and smart.
                          Bilas provides good analysis. I just wish he would ref a basketball game or two, then he might shut up about the officiating in every game he commentates.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                            Bilas provides good analysis. I just wish he would ref a basketball game or two, then he might shut up about the officiating in every game he commentates.
                            But fans love it when announcers pick on the refs. Look at how many fans on this board and others do the same.

Comment

Bilas is an arrogant P5 ass. Having said that - IMHO, he is one of the best analyst on TV - Way better than Doug "can I use your credit card" Goatlube.

Jay is a practicing lawyer and usually gives us a fair shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                                But fans love it when announcers pick on the refs. Look at how many fans on this board and others do the same.
                                If that were the case, Mike Kennedy would pick on the refs....

Comment

Working...
                                X