No announcement yet.

Doug Gottlieb's Job In Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if Goatlube goes to Fox (after he steals the CBS's sports programming director's credit cards) he'll fit in right smartly with all the Big Preist douchebags (I.E. Creighton fans).

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
      Bilas is an arrogant P5 ass. Having said that - IMHO, he is one of the best analyst on TV - Way better than Doug "can I use your credit card" Goatlube.

Jay is a practicing lawyer and usually gives us a fair shake.
      Right, he may be a Duke homer, but he is more often than not fair in his assessments.
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        Bilas is an arrogant P5 ass. Having said that - IMHO, he is one of the best analyst on TV - Way better than Doug "can I use your credit card" Goatlube.

Jay is a practicing lawyer and usually gives us a fair shake.
        I am a practicing lawyer, and it couldn't make me give 2 $hit$ about what he thought the call was. If it were plainly egregious, sure. Every announcer does that, and I like it. Multiple times a game, every game, gets very old.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
          I am a practicing lawyer, and it couldn't make me give 2 $hit$ about what he thought the call was. If it were plainly egregious, sure. Every announcer does that, and I like it. Multiple times a game, every game, gets very old.
          I'm guessing you are very good at what you do. Having said that, I enjoy every bit of Bilas...and when he is with Schulman, I want to tie Dick Vitale to a chair and say "THIS is what good announcing is...no tired cliches, no suck up to Bobby Knight/Jim Boeheim, no Diaper Dandy references....let the game be the game, not YOU be the game.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            I'm guessing you are very good at what you do. Having said that, I enjoy every bit of Bilas...and when he is with Schulman, I want to tie Dick Vitale to a chair and say "THIS is what good announcing is...no tired cliches, no suck up to Bobby Knight/Jim Boeheim, no Diaper Dandy references....let the game be the game, not YOU be the game.
            Vitale was on the other day and I had to turn the sound down. He is unbearable. I told my wife that I used to really enjoy his schtick, but that I also used to think Olive Garden was great Italian food.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              No, Lutz made fun of him. Something to the effect of, "DG says that no one likes GM. If there's anyone who knows about people not liking him..."
              I missed the satire then.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                Vitale was on the other day and I had to turn the sound down. He is unbearable. I told my wife that I used to really enjoy his schtick, but that I also used to think Olive Garden was great Italian food.
                The other day I watched ESPNClassic and they were showing (again) the '83 ACC semifinal between the Wolfpack and the Wahoos, and I couldn't believe how subdued Dicke V was. The guy must have a massive ego to scream and shout like he does today... and he's a horrendous name dropper!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  The other day I watched ESPNClassic and they were showing (again) the '83 ACC semifinal between the Wolfpack and the Wahoos, and I couldn't believe how subdued Dicke V was. The guy must have a massive ego to scream and shout like he does today... and he's a horrendous name dropper!
                  THAT LAST THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the WORST at it!!!! And the stupid hands in the air thing.....the other day, he HELD HIS POSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I missed the satire then.

Yes you did. I thought it was cute and obvious that it didn't need explaining, but alas

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      THAT LAST THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the WORST at it!!!! And the stupid hands in the air thing.....the other day, he HELD HIS POSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      My impression of Dickie V consists of doing that and yelling something like "TOM IZZO, BABYYYYYY!!!!"

Comment

Interesting point. Kind of like Pacino from Godfather, to Carlito's Way to Devil's Advocate. Same guy, same inflections, but by the end it's like a drunk Rich Little doing a version of Pacino.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Yes you did. I thought it was cute and obvious that it didn't need explaining, but alas
                          No, I mean I missed it as in "didn't listen to/read it." I never listen to or read that boob. No worries.

Comment

No, I mean I missed it as in "didn't listen to/read it." I never listen to or read that boob. No worries.
                            That explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              If that were the case, Mike Kennedy would pick on the refs....
                              Not sure if that was sarcasm or serious, but Mike Kennedy does pick on the refs, quite often.

Comment

Goatlube has nothing to do with boob. Just saying.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X