No announcement yet.

I know it's hard to believe, but . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's hard to believe, but . . .

I know that it's hard to believe, but the selection committee did us a huge favor by underseeding the Shockers. I'm convinced that this was accomplished by a series of jedhi type, mind-bending, mental maneuvers performed by Mr. Schaus after enlisting the help of Mr. Rasmussen. Schaus is a genius and he outwitted a bunch of dumb AD's from P-5 football schools that get confused about the difference between a 3-point shot versus a field goal.

Here's what the masterminds accomplished by deviously convincing the Committee to give us a 10-Seed:

1. Tons of media publicity - What's been the big sports story the past 24 hours? What is the topic every single person, not only across these fruited plains, but from coast to coast, is talking about? That's right, our beloved Shockers. Only a genius could so slyly get the Committee to play into his hands by convincing the Committee that "yeah, you're really screwing WSU this time", but they had no idea how much free PR they were going to give to us.

2. Can you say prime time national network TV Again? - I'm telling you that those CBS TV execs love us. Again we are playing on prime time on CBS. It seems like in the last few years most of our tourney games are on CBS. Schaus made sure that the peeps were talking about us so that the TV brass would be sure to give us the very best slot on Friday.

3. They gave us the path of a 7-Seed - I think that the Committee was going to give us an 8 or 9 seed with a certain match up with a 1-Seed, but before the Committee could even realize what happened, Schaus convinced them to put us in the 10-seed slot, knowing that it is the equivalent of giving us a 7-Seed.

4. Drove the point home for the AAC - This one was pure genius by Schaus - Not only did he make sure that WSU was underseeded, but knowing that the AAC was going through a critical evaluation phase of adding WSU, he convinced the Committee to underseed SMU and Cincy, as well. Thus, driving the point home to the AAC that they really have to raise their basketball profile by adding WSU, and the sooner the better.

5. The rematch of one of the greatest games in NCAA tournament history - The last time, it was an underseeded Kentucky that played WSU in what was considered by many experts as one of the greatest games in tournament history. IF we get by Dayton, and Kentucky wins their game, there will be a lot of vibe for this game. Look for another prime time CBS slot on Sunday, if this happens. Oh the brilliance of Schaus, I bet the Committee never saw that coming.

***EDIT***

6. The HUGE Boulder - I can't believe I almost forgot this one - We got majorly dissed , we don't have a chip on our shoulder, we have a Boulder. Who is the master of motivating his team when they get dissed? That's right, you know it, our very own Gregg Marshall. Play Angry, Let's go!

Mr. Schaus, Shocker Nation salutes you. You sir, are a brilliant genius that once again outwitted those bloated P-5 AD's. Thank you sir!
    Last edited by Shocker-maniac; March 14, 2017, 12:17 AM.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

I still wish he had convinced them to underseed the Shocks at #11, though, maniac.

Comment

At the risk of overlooking Dayton...

How fitting would it be if a Kentucky/WSU rematch came down to a dramatic last second shot by...Conner Frankamp that sent us to the Sweet 16. That would be a helluva story.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

WE can overlook Dayton as long as the team doesnt
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          WE can overlook Dayton as long as the team doesnt
          I have full confidence that HCGM and staff are not overlooking Dayton in the least. Nor will they allow our team to. One game at a time. Leave no doubt!
          Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
            I have full confidence that HCGM and staff are not overlooking Dayton in the least. Nor will they allow our team to. One game at a time. Leave no doubt!
            This team is locked in and focused.

They know how important these games are.
            The Assman

Comment

I can virtually guarantee you there is one WSU assistant coach already scouting Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                I can virtually guarantee you there is one WSU assistant coach already scouting Kentucky.
                Yep.

Either GH or CJ, whichever one didn't get the Dayton scout.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Maybe Jans and Brown on Dayton, Heiar on Kentucky, and Lindsted on Northern Kentucky?
                  78-65

Comment

Marshall already said there is. Along with one on Northern Kentucky.

As to overlooking Dayton ... Doubtful, I think JRS, Zach Bush, and Shaq (redshirting at the time) were the only people left from the Kentucky game 3 years ago, So while it will have HUGE payback implications for the fanbase, I don't think it will have as much on the team. Also, every interview I saw after the selection show, each player emphasized they didn't care about anything except beating Dayton.

Comment

Maniac you are the best at making a silk purse from a sow's ear! ROFLMAO!!

Comment

Good stuff Maniac, sort of makes sense now that I think about it from that perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          At the risk of overlooking Dayton...

How fitting would it be if a Kentucky/WSU rematch came down to a dramatic last second shot by...Conner Frankamp that sent us to the Sweet 16. That would be a helluva story.
                          Or better yet, Michael Mulder gets his game-winning shot blocked at the buzzer by Zach Brown.

Comment

I agreed with maniac on the committee's intention for the rematch with UK. Remember when they underseeded us #7 so that we can meet #2 KU 2 years ago?
                            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                              I agreed with maniac on the committee's intention for the rematch with UK. Remember when they underseeded us #7 so that we can meet #2 KU 2 years ago?
                              The NCAA are lying assclowns.

Syracuse got placed with UNC Greensboro in the NIT. They interviewed the NIT chairman after and said that thought didn't even cross their mind when they were making the bracket. He said it with a straight face too.

Do they think people are stupid?

It's this type of dishonesty that gives the NCAA a bad rap. Just say the truth. Who cares?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X