Will Kunkle gets roasted by KWCH reporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Kunkle gets roasted by KWCH reporter

They were talking about how nobody thinks a 10 seed is fair and the KWCH reporter goes "Everyone except for Will Kunkle thinks it's unfair." Lol.. He unsuccessfully tried to rebuttle, looked really awkward and unprofessional. I think KWCH is getting tired of Kunkle's constant KU watch party.

That's great

Comment

He's just excited his alma mater made their first ever tourney. That' and he like to wear the black hat.
      The Assman

Comment

What's the story with Jeffery Parson. Why is he on this show all the time?

Comment

Will is ok, he is just a B10 homer and when Wisconsin got an 8 seed he felt no way WSU would get that or higher... sent a tweet back after the Vegas odds hit. Like Mad Dog stated.... "Vegas knows Wichita State shouldn't be a 10 seed..."

Comment

I think Jeffrey Parsons is a twit, but he did make a good point: Creighton has been horrible lately so the committee obviously gave more weight to the early part of their season when they did well. WSU was very good late so the committee obviously downgraded them based on their early season losses. Gave the most weight to the best part of Creighton's season, gave the most weight to the worst part of WSU's.
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

I wouldn't wish for a man to be unemployed, but they could demote Klunkel to cleaning toilets and not hurt my feelings.

Comment

That's a cute story that Will's alma mater, Northwestern, is making its first ever NCAA appearance. The tournament is better when there are fun stories of mid-majors like that. It's not as impressive as going to a Final Four or starting 35-0, but a Little Engine That Could program like Northwestern has to start somewhere.
                78-65

Comment

It was pretty awkward.. The KWCH reporter wasn't laughing or even smiling when she called Kunkle out. She looked more annoyed with him than anything else. Kunkle was completely blindsided and wasn't laughing either.
                  He looked very stern in his attempt at a rebuttle and sounded more like a lawyer. Lol. This why I think his time at KWCH may nearly be up. For some reason I doubt 1 reporter is annoyed with his bias.
                  Parson's was even surprised, said very little and tried to agree with Kunkle a few times during his awkward stone faced attempt at a rebuttle.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                    They were talking about how nobody thinks a 10 seed is fair and the KWCH reporter goes "Everyone except for Will Kunkle thinks it's unfair." Lol.. He unsuccessfully tried to rebuttle, looked really awkward and unprofessional. I think KWCH is getting tired of Kunkle's constant KU watch party.
                    Kunkle is the worst kind of local sports reporter. He interned at ESPN and so he thinks he's big time and above this job and the people of Wichita, thus he roots for big time programs constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Patriots fan, a former Yankees fan turned Cubs fan and Cavs/Warriors fan, depending on the day.

I've heard some sad rumors about him and how he acts around people as well. Thinks hes above everyone. Definitely someone I actively root against and I've stopped watching KWCH sports because he's on there. If I find myself on 12 when sports starts, I'll flip over to KSN or KAKE and see what they have.

So glad to hear the anchors aren't cutting him any slack and serving him up softballs.

Comment

Is there any audio or video of this roast? I would love to see it =)

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        Actually I'm sick of his Northwestern homer posts on Twitter. It's clear this is just a stepping stone gig for Will. He's not down with Wichita, at all. So sick of the ICT not being able to find enough local talent for TV and radio.

Comment

Unless he has generational family money, the realities of the socioeconomic position of a local sports reporter will soon catch up to him. Local news is not a high paying gig.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                            Kunkle is the worst kind of local sports reporter. He interned at ESPN and so he thinks he's big time and above this job and the people of Wichita, thus he roots for big time programs constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Patriots fan, a former Yankees fan turned Cubs fan and Cavs/Warriors fan, depending on the day.

I've heard some sad rumors about him and how he acts around people as well. Thinks hes above everyone. Definitely someone I actively root against and I've stopped watching KWCH sports because he's on there. If I find myself on 12 when sports starts, I'll flip over to KSN or KAKE and see what they have.

So glad to hear the anchors aren't cutting him any slack and serving him up softballs.
                            I had a moment with him once...he was not what I would deem professional.

Comment

Smarmy and arrogant. And frankly not very good. Half the time after Kunkle speaks my wife and I look at each other and say, "Huh?"
                              "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Working...
                              X