• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Cooper Out At Miami of Ohio

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...hio-head-coach :grumpy:
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

We might need an assistant.

Not that I know anything specifically.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I suppose Heiar will draw interest, i'll be surprised if he doesn't get his chance to be a HC within the next couple of years.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        I suppose Heiar will draw interest, i'll be surprised if he doesn't get his chance to be a HC within the next couple of years.
        Do you think Marshall can keep Jans around as "not a coach" long enough so that Jans can take over Heiar's spot when that happens?
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          We might need an assistant.

Not that I know anything specifically.
          Loved John Cooper as a Shocker player and felt terrible when he ended his career with a leg injury 8 games into his senior season over which he averaged about 21 points a game. Probably the best player WSU has during the Fogler-Cohen years. However, 3G has done a pretty good job of picking assistants without our help. So IF we have an opening and IF 3G thinks John is the best man then fine. Otherwise, I wish John the best in finding gainful employment.

Comment

Was Coop on Cuanzo Martin's staff once?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Loved John Cooper as a Shocker player and felt terrible when he ended his career with a leg injury 8 games into his senior season over which he averaged about 21 points a game. Probably the best player WSU has during the Fogler-Cohen years. However, 3G has done a pretty good job of picking assistants without our help. So IF we have an opening and IF 3G thinks John is the best man then fine. Otherwise, I wish John the best in finding gainful employment.
              Particularly the way his leg was broken on one of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen! The Tennessee player was ejected but should have been suspended for the season imo

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Nope
                93-95 Fayetteville State - Asst
                95-01 South Carolina -Asst
                02-04 Oregon - Asst
                04-09 Auburn -Asst
                09-12 Tennessee State
                12-17 Miami Ohio
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  John will find work. A Rhodes Scholar candidate, he's brilliant and engaging, and someone will see his worth, even if it's not as a coach.

Comment

I remember meeting John while at a carwash on 21st. We chatted a bit and got an autograph for my little brother. One of the nicest people out there. Wish him the best!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      You are thinking of Wichitan Steve Woodberry who was an assistant for Martin for a number of years. It was the least Martin could do after ending Woodberry's college career by hanging 29 and 8 threes on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X