Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former shockers who transferred

Just so you know Former shockers

Corey Henderson is the first off the bench at Tulsa university. And he's doing damage.

Tevin Glass is starting and doing damage at East Tennessee state. They are going to the dance.

Rian Holland is starting at Mercer University and doing some major damage.

I would love to see stats Ol skool if you want to post them.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
      I would love to see stats Ol skool if you want to post them.
      # 32 40 10
      Player Henderson Glass Holland
      gp-gs 30-4 34-33 31-31
      min 661 758 975
      avg 22 22.3 31.5
      fg-fga 81-222 111-204 177-405
      fg% 0.365 0.544 0.437
      3fg-fga 46-139 15-Mar 77-204
      3fg% 0.331 0.2 0.371
      ft-fta 42-50 79-106 102-121
      ft% 0.84 0.745 0.843
      off 2 55 24
      def 24 156 78
      tot 26 211 102
      avg 0.9 6.2 3.3
      pf 37 70 72
      dq 0 0 0
      a 35 31 59
      to 38 50 44
      blk 2 19 7
      stl 16 27 32
      pts 250 304 533
      avg 8.3 8.9 17.2
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        # 32 40 10
        Player Henderson Glass Holland
        gp-gs 30-4 34-33 31-31
        min 661 758 975
        avg 22 22.3 31.5
        fg-fga 81-222 111-204 177-405
        fg% 0.365 0.544 0.437
        3fg-fga 46-139 15-Mar 77-204
        3fg% 0.331 0.2 0.371
        ft-fta 42-50 79-106 102-121
        ft% 0.84 0.745 0.843
        off 2 55 24
        def 24 156 78
        tot 26 211 102
        avg 0.9 6.2 3.3
        pf 37 70 72
        dq 0 0 0
        a 35 31 59
        to 38 50 44
        blk 2 19 7
        stl 16 27 32
        pts 250 304 533
        avg 8.3 8.9 17.2
        Must be March Madness.....

Comment

Bygones and I wouldn't trade our lineup, but Ty Taylor was put in an impossible position and never got a fair shake imho. I hope he sees success at UNCW.

These guys' success at other schools illustrates the level of talent we are working with these days. Holland, Taylor, Glass and Henderson would have been a significant upgrade to many of our 90's teams.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Bygones and I wouldn't trade our lineup, but Ty Taylor was put in an impossible position and never got a fair shake imho. I hope he sees success at UNCW.

These guys' success at other schools illustrates the level of talent we are working with these days. Holland, Taylor, Glass and Henderson would have been a significant upgrade to many of our 90's teams.
            Look I have nothing against Taylor, but he was not a good fit at all. He was a volume shooter with poor efficiency(84.5) everyone except Orupke has left with less than 90 efficiency.

Comment

Holland, Taylor, Glass and Henderson would have been a significant upgrade to many of our 90's teams.
              Excellent point and also hard to overstate this. These guys would have been stars for us in that era.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                Look I have nothing against Taylor, but he was not a good fit at all. He was a volume shooter with poor efficiency(84.5) everyone except Orupke has left with less than 90 efficiency.
                He was a freshman forced to play point guard against high DI talent for a coach used to 4 years of uninterrupted experience (Armstead/Van Vleet) at the position. He didn't survive his trial by fire. Who knows what he would have done if he watched last year and came in only in blowouts? My point is it was a bad situation for all involved, but we have no idea of what kind of player he can be. Could have been the second coming of Eric Hamilton or the second coming of Joe Ragland. We will never know. We do know that coach thought he was our best option at the time so he had to have some talent. Again, I wouldn't trade away Reaves, Shamet, or Conner for him. Smith, Haynes-Jones...whi knows?

Comment

Holland has been quite a coup for Mercer. 17 ppg is pretty impressive.

Mercer guard Ria'n Holland has been named the Southern Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week following his career-high 32-point performance at The Citadel Saturday.

32 pts against Citadel

Comment

Glass gets an SI cover, although his pic is small and the cover will be shared with 67 other players going to the tourney, but it's still something very few players ever get.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

He was a freshman forced to play point guard against high DI talent for a coach used to 4 years of uninterrupted experience (Armstead/Van Vleet) at the position. He didn't survive his trial by fire. Who knows what he would have done if he watched last year and came in only in blowouts? My point is it was a bad situation for all involved, but we have no idea of what kind of player he can be. Could have been the second coming of Eric Hamilton or the second coming of Joe Ragland. We will never know. We do know that coach thought he was our best option at the time so he had to have some talent. Again, I wouldn't trade away Reaves, Shamet, or Conner for him. Smith, Haynes-Jones...whi knows?
                      He got a trial by fire early true but most of his minutes last season came in blowouts, yet the efficiency didn't improve. Best option? Compared to? Not playing a PG? Yes. JRS? Nope since he started taking those minutes.

I expect Taylor will put up scoring numbers with high usage but low efficiency and that may cut it on a team without scorers, we certainly don't and won't have that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                        He got a trial by fire early true but most of his minutes last season came in blowouts, yet the efficiency didn't improve. Best option? Compared to? Not playing a PG? Yes. JRS? Nope since he started taking those minutes.
                        Can't disagree with his late season performance, though I can't imagine where his head was by that point. An 18 year old kid thrown into that situation? I would have folded like a cheap suit. The fact he stuck it out even though he knew he was likely gone says something about his character. Nevertheless, hope he does as well as the other three.

Comment

Can't disagree with his late season performance, though I can't imagine where his head was by that point. An 18 year old kid thrown into that situation? I would have folded like a cheap suit. The fact he stuck it out even though he knew he was likely gone says something about his character. Nevertheless, hope he does as well as the other three.
                          He wasn't 18. He had a post graduate year of experience at a great prep school.

I think what you saw is what you were going to get.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Nothing against TT but imagine Austin Reaves (minus shoulder issues) in that situation.

Comment

Ty I never saw a shot I didn't like Taylor will score a lot of points at his new school. He was a very good athlete, But I agree that his BBIQ was not a strength. He definitely was not a Point Guard and I think we are better off with options at the 2 guard. His defense is a strength and would match what Gregg demands. However,I think he has a penchant for taking a lot of shots (including bad shots), having a low assist total, and a high turn over average ( ad decisions). This does not match the skill set that Gregg likes. I think he was one of our recruiting mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X