MVC 2017 Tournament Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC 2017 Tournament Attendance

Overall, the total attendance dropped -6.6% from 2016 to 2017 (50,021 to 46,697). Only two sessions showed an increase. Friday 2 session increased by +7.7% and the Championship game improved +20.3%. These two sessions had a common theme - WSU. But these increase were not enough to offset the overall down attendance from other schools.
    Attached Files

I swore I would never return. But they might be able to talk me in to it. And by 'they', I mean the AAC might convince me to go one last time as part of a farewell tour.

Comment

Next year's drop off is gonna be spectacular IMO. This was the league's best-case scenario for this season (2 at large contenders meeting in the title game) and it still declined quite a bit.

ISUr will not travel well during the rebuild and the rest of the league will suck again and largely no-show.

Comment

I am going to add the 2013, 2014 and 2015 years also. I have looked at the 2013 numbers...Arch Madness is a shell of itself.

Comment

They need to move WSU to all one side next year. This was my first year going and I understand the complaints, fortunately it wasn't quite as cold on Sunday but for those of us unfortunate enough to be in the "temporary" seats they were awful. No one is gonna show up next year besides WSU, put us on the side not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
            They need to move WSU to all one side next year. This was my first year going and I understand the complaints, fortunately it wasn't quite as cold on Sunday but for those of us unfortunate enough to be in the "temporary" seats they were awful. No one is gonna show up next year besides WSU, put us on the side not the end.
            That won't happen. The MVC is committed to fairness and giving all the schools the same "best" seats. If a school buys more seats then they are initially allocate, they then give them the corner and endzone seats connected to their sideline seats. That why some people are no longer buying from WSU - if you are not high on the priority point list then you are better off buying from another school because you will get side seat.

Comment

Working...
            X