Official Arch Madness thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Arch Madness thread

Let's start with KenPom's tournament forecast.

WSU with a 73% chance of winning.

I'm looking for McDuffie to bring it. He's been kinda quiet lately with Shaq, Shamet and Frankcamp getting the limelight.

I know, I know, he got first team, just saying those other guys have been great, while McDuff has been super as well. I think he lights up the scoring column again too this weekend.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Does KenPom's ratings factor in curses?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Does KenPom's ratings factor in curses?
        Does anyone know where we can hire a witch doctor to free the Scottrade Center of the curse?
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
          Does anyone know where we can hire a witch doctor to free the Scottrade Center of the curse?
          Good theme for the pep rallies.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            I think we need to sacrafice a chicken.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              I think we need to sacrafice a chicken.
              This one I presume:

Comment

If there has ever been a time when the Valley has to be hoping that Sunday's game is between the top 2 seeds this is it. Anyone else winning this tournament could be a total disaster for the Valley.

Comment

I'm looking for McDuffie to bring it. He's been kinda quiet lately with Shaq, Shamet and Frankcamp getting the limelight.

I know, I know, he got first team, just saying those other guys have been great, while McDuff has been super as well. I think he lights up the scoring column again too this weekend.
                  Very possible. But I must say, on further review, Shaq was basically mocking Church's interior D last Saturday. Hope he keeps it up all through March.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    This one I presume:

The spirits have been goaded.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      Very possible. But I must say, on further review, Shaq was basically mocking Church's interior D last Saturday. Hope he keeps it up all through March.
                      I don't really see anyone dropping off. But I can see our shooting cooling off a little and if that happens, we need to bring it inside.

Rebounding on the defensive end and limiting opponents to one shot will be a recipe for success regardless of our outside shooting.

McDuffie, IMO has the motor to be a beast on the rebounding side and taking it back up or driving to the hoop.

Comment

The Shockers really don't need any individual to really step up their game. They just need to continue doing what they have been doing for the past 11.5 games (beginning with the 2nd half of the Evansville game). Playing great team basketball on both ends of the floor, going deep into their bench with contributions from all players, playing hard and playing smart and don't force things.

That doesn't meam their isn't room for improvement by individuals or by the team. 3G, in fact, made that statement this week. This team may be peaking but it has not reached its ceiling yet.

My Prayer For the Shockers:

Lord, may Markis play under control and take what the game giveth him. Markis can hurt opponents in so many ways he can always find something that opens up for him in the game. Show him the way.

Please guide Zach0 to be very selective with his shots and his usual tenacious self on defense.

Let Rauno understand that he can use his right-hand a bit more as teams have really been sitting on his left-hand moves.

Lord grant Darral the willingness to pass when he is not open, the ability to score when he is open and the wisdom to know the difference. He has the middle part down pat. Could use a bit of help with the other parts.

May Shaq continue to stay out of foul trouble and float like a butterfly and stomp opponents like the water buffalo he is.

And may our 3-point shots from Landry, Conner, Daishon, Austin be straight and true, their assists multitudinous and forgive them for their very rare turnovers.

Inspire Rashard to continue be the man he has become.

And most of all make the mop-up minutes available for J.R., Zach5, C.J., Eric, Brett, and Kaelen as plentiful as the stars in the sky.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 4, 2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I don't really see anyone dropping off. But I can see our shooting cooling off a little and if that happens, we need to bring it inside.

Rebounding on the defensive end and limiting opponents to one shot will be a recipe for success regardless of our outside shooting.
                          All-Day-Every-Day. There's no other way!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            Very possible. But I must say, on further review, Shaq was basically mocking Church's interior D last Saturday.
                            Church's interior defense is over rated imo. Ggg's game plan was to attack him in the chest. Church is very good when he steps into blocks from the weak side or helps off of his man. He isn't nearly as effective at blocking shots when one on one. True to game plan, Shaq and Darral made attacked him he was a school girl playing against men. Alize wasn't as effective at blocking shots either when attacked on the low post.

Comment

Church trying to guard WSU's Shaq was, as the original Shaq puts it, barbecue chicken.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                              X