Coach of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach of the year

Can someone with great insight and wisdom explain why Gregg Marshall is not being mentioned as a National Coach of the Year candidate?

Good question. I guess all the national pundits expected WSU to be 27-4, ranked again, after the loss of 4 contributing seniors, 2 of which went to the NBA in a rebuilding year.

But then again, Marshall isn't even gonna win COY in his own conference.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Good question. I guess all the national pundits expected WSU to be 27-4, ranked again, after the loss of 4 contributing seniors, 2 of which went to the NBA in a rebuilding year.
      I do remember reading all of those articles in March and October.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
        Can someone with great insight and wisdom explain why Gregg Marshall is not being mentioned as a National Coach of the Year candidate?
        Like the "pointy head" pundits, Chicken fans, and b. lootz are wont to say: "Yeah, but he's been doing it against mediocre competition!" Coach doesn't care about the opinions of mindless sheep.

Comment

It's because national expectations at WSU, both locally and nationally, are high now. Unless we've been ranked in the top 10, Marshall won't get a mention. Now, make the Elite 8 and he'll be in the conversation.

Comment

Anybody know the candidates? Never the mind who they are...Marshall should be amongst in the conversation.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I loved it when they were introducing the team 2 seasons ago and like each player brought with him out of the tunnel a different national award andmaybe 6 of them were coach of the year awards.

Pretty neat stuff.

Comment

No reason why Mark Few shouldn't win NCOY, to this point at least.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I loved it when they were introducing the team 2 seasons ago and like each player brought with him out of the tunnel a different national award andmaybe 6 of them were coach of the year awards.

Pretty neat stuff.
                  That was impressive. Good times!

Comment

We will find out Thursday that he isn't even the best (or maybe second best) coach in the MVC!!! How could he win national coach of the year?

Comment

Working...
                    X