No announcement yet.

2018 NCAA Tournament Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, I've heard from a reliable source that even if WSU has a shot at playing near home, WSU will not give up being the host school, so we will not be playing at IBA. Just a warning if you were buying tickets in hopes of that. Things could change...so I guess you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      FYI, I've heard from a reliable source that even if WSU has a shot at playing near home, WSU will not give up being the host school, so we will not be playing at IBA. Just a warning if you were buying tickets in hopes of that. Things could change...so I guess you never know.
      What possible reasoning for this exists on WSU's part?

Comment

That's dumb even for WSU athletic department standards.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Must be a money thing?

If that's true, we will probably get stuck in a pod far away.

Comment

WSU can play at IBA as long as:

1. They are not hosting the tournament - conference can host (that is why WSU/MVC is the host, so WSU can turn it over to the MVC if need be).
            2. They don't play more than 2 games at the location (3 games make it home court, per NCAA rules).
            3. They earn a protected seed. If they are not a protected seed, then they won't let WSU play there and have a home court advantage against a higher seeded team.

No. 3 will be hard, and will likely require a very special year to get a protected seed.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

1. They are not hosting the tournament - conference can host (that is why WSU/MVC is the host, so WSU can turn it over to the MVC if need be).
              2. They don't play more than 2 games at the location (3 games make it home court, per NCAA rules).
              3. They earn a protected seed. If they are not a protected seed, then they won't let WSU play there and have a home court advantage against a higher seeded team.

No. 3 will be hard, and will likely require a very special year to get a protected seed.
              If WSU doesn't get the protected seed then I hope it's KU . So I can charge them out the ass for my two tickets.

Comment

Would I be safe in assuming that regular season games don't count towards #2?
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

We're gonna be preseason Top 15 next year. Honestly, it'll be a disappointment if we aren't a protected seed.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    We're gonna be preseason Top 15 next year. Honestly, it'll be a disappointment if we aren't a protected seed.
                    I think we'll definitely end up higher than that. But the next 3(or 5) weeks will have a lot to do with where we start in the rankings.

Comment

Any other word about tickets for 2018 at Intrust? I got an email link last week and it looks like only the $240 tickets are left. So then it's basically a lottery whether you get the best or worst seat in that price point?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank The Shock View Post
                        Any other word about tickets for 2018 at Intrust? I got an email link last week and it looks like only the $240 tickets are left. So then it's basically a lottery whether you get the best or worst seat in that price point?
                        Yup, won't get actual seat assignments until later this year. The 300 dollar tickets never went on sale, so those will be held for later sale, probably to schools

Comment

In retrospect, could this be because WSU will be announcing they will be going to the AAC in a year and thus they know the ability for WSU and the MVC to work together on this for the good of WSU would be non-existent?

Comment

In retrospect, could this be because WSU will be announcing they will be going to the AAC in a year and thus they know the ability for WSU and the MVC to work together on this for the good of WSU would be non-existent?
                            But could the AAC host?
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Q: Does this affect Wichita State’s role as co-host of the 2018 NCAA Tournament games at Intrust Bank Arena?
                              A: No. WSU will work with the MVC, as planned since awarded the games in 2014. Athletic director Darron Boatright ruled out WSU dropping out of that role. Since WSU is hosting, its men’s basketball team cannot play in the downtown Wichita arena.
                              “We asked the Valley to co-host with us because of their experience in running first and second rounds and regionals,” he said. “We’re not interested in trying to get out of it. We wanted to bring that event here for the citizens of Wichita.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Best hope now is Dallas for opening weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X