WSU Versus Winner of Bradley-Drake Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Winner of Bradley-Drake Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Arch Madness draweth nigh and our beloved Shocks wish not to be singing the St. Louis Blues but rather busting March Madness Dance moves I'm telling ya. I once traveled to the top of the Gateway Arch and as I gazed down at the Mississippi River, and Busch Stadium, Home of the Cardinals, whom I used to listen to in the summer on my ole tube radio, I noticed my knees were knocking from the sky high view. Now it is our Shockers turn and chance in the new mini Season to punch our dance ticket and we are not scart. Many moons ago, our Shocks had to 'play in' at times on Thursdays but still had big hopes to Dance.

We play the winner of Bradley and Drake. Which team do you wish to play and who will win? Bradley swept Drake 79-72 at home and 82-74 at Des Moines and are an improved team. Even so, because of the madness, I will pick Drake because the other two games were close enough that Drake could get this one. The Shocks beat Bradley 100-66 at home and 64-49 at Peoria and swept Drake 90-65 at home and 77-69 on the road. I predict Drake will win by a bulldog whisker, 77-74 against Bradley on Thursday.

Overall, I really do see this Shocker team winning 3 at the Lew of course. Could it be WSU versus Loyola in the Finals or will we beat the Redbirds? Dunno but the Shocks will focus on the games, one at a time, knowing each team understands they could Dance if they win Arch Madness and will be laying it all out there on the hardwood. I sure like our bracket much better than the Birds though.

Dawgs--77

Braves-74
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 26, 2017, 01:29 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 92
    Drake 42
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

At this point, I think I'm rooting for Illinois State to lose in the semis. I know it would be great to have another top 50 victory, but I would rather have a more secure path to the championship. The thing about every other team than llinois state is, they are mentally beat before they even step on the court with the shockers. Illinois state is the only team who I believe even "thinks" they can beat the shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        At this point, I think I'm rooting for Illinois State to lose in the semis. I know it would be great to have another top 50 victory, but I would rather have a more secure path to the championship. The thing about every other team than llinois state is, they are mentally beat before they even step on the court with the shockers. Illinois state is the only team who I believe even "thinks" they can beat the shockers.
        I think this is a no brainer. If hope we can play Drake, MSU (if you think UNI is stronger), and Evansville. An extra top 50 win won't make that much difference. I just want to make sure we are in. The easier the path, the better, there aren't any brownie points, or at least not enough, to want a more difficult path.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          I hope the bastards lose Friday, then lose their home game in the NIT by 60,

Comment

I believe there will be value to the team headed into the Dance to have a game where they are highly motivated and probably challenged, been so few and far between.

Comment

Shockers by 15 and I hope we get to play Illinois State in the finals. We need a good, tough challenge to better prepare us for a deep run in the NCAA tournament.

Of course another 41 point challenge will prepare us just as well.

Comment

No way either Bradley or Drake give us a Friday scare like Loyola did last year right? We should spank either team. And I think that team might be Bradley.

Shockers - 84
                Braves- 62

Comment

I'm hoping for Drake, just so someone will once again post the "AllAboutThatDrake" music video.

Comment

It's gotta be Bradley because I'm sitting in the Drake section.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                    X