Tulsa Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa Dancing

Assuming we get in, and assuming we go to Tulsa, how many tickets do we get?

If we get put in Tulsa as of 8/9 seed, there's going to be a VERY ticked off 1 seed!

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      If we get put in Tulsa as of 8/9 seed, there's going to be a VERY ticked off 1 seed!
      If Kentucky can get sent to St Louis as an 8, we can get sent to Tulsa.
      (I'm totally not still bitter...)

Comment

Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
        If Kentucky can get sent to St Louis as an 8, we can get sent to Tulsa.
        (I'm totally not still bitter...)
        Exactly. Dumbass KU fans are hellbent that we would get sent to Tulsa to play them and they'd be at a disadvantage. I guess they're pretty nervous about WSU fans flooding into Tulsa and challenging their fanbase (yet again).

But yah, we had NO favors given to us in 2014, with UK sent to us about 200 miles from their campus, so don't even go there, Beakers.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thing is...as of now, there are a ton of tickets still available for Tulsa.

If that happens, have your computers pulled up ready to go during the Selection Show.
          78-65

Comment

Perhaps my memory is fading but it sure seemed like the bubbles always got to play in KC whenever KC hosted. Whaada they complaining about...
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

In 2004, KU was a 4 seed but got a KC/STL road to the Elite 8. In 2012, they played North Carolina in STL in the Elite 8.

When KU had to play UCLA in the Bay Area in the 2007 Elite 8 (you know, the game after they lucked out against Tatum, Falker, and the Salukis), KU fans griped about that unfair advantage. I didn't feel sorry for them.
              78-65

Comment

I feel the committee will try to avoid giving a 1 seed a potential Round of 32 matchup where the 8/9 seed is closer than the 1. I feel it is far more likely that we end up against Gonzaga if we get an 8/9 seed, to guarantee an uppity midmajor loses in the Round of 32. I also think there is a large chance that we do not end up at the seed line, as a single loss will plunge from 8/9 to 10+ and winning out might justify a 6 or 7 seed.

Comment

I think we will win out and get a 13 seed with the rest of the 1 bid leagues.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Win out and Shox will be a 7 or 10. The number 2 seed will say ****!

Comment

Was going to order tickets for Tulsa. A friend of mine said that he would order them for me, as he has more points than I do, and he cannot go. Does this work? How would I pick them up?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Was going to order tickets for Tulsa. A friend of mine said that he would order them for me, as he has more points than I do, and he cannot go. Does this work? How would I pick them up?
                        Unless he has extra special pull with the ticket office you won't be able to do that. They will have to be picked up by the name on the account.

Comment

Unless you are a top 100 donor, don't get your hopes up with getting Tulsa tickets from WSU.
                          78-65

Comment

I got the ticket selection thing in the mail and promptly threw it away. I have seats up in the nosebleeds and give the minimum amount haha. Gotta resort to getting tickets some other way.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                            X