Stupid WSU Game Rituals, Superstitions and Such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid WSU Game Rituals, Superstitions and Such

It's pre-game for the Panthers and I'm getting ready.

Lucky socks - check
    Winning streak shirt - check
    Wake wife up tomorrow morning with a "Shocker's up" - check

What other game rituals does everyone else have?

Umm....show up in yellow before it starts and yell loud.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by MJ23 View Post
      It's pre-game for the Panthers and I'm getting ready.

Lucky socks - check
      Winning streak shirt - check
      Wake wife up tomorrow morning with a "Shocker's up" - check

What other game rituals does everyone else have?
      Thanks. I just spit beer reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Thanks. I just spit beer reading this.
        Careful, I don't want that beer coming back up at ya since you're down under.

Comment

The Australia reference was just for the upside down photo. We are in California.

Comment

All I know is when we play UNI at home and there is ice everywhere, we are in trouble. I've never been a part of a home game against UNI with perfect spring weather, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Comment

i wear citrine jewelry. Yellow or black shirt. If watching at home, Shocker jammies and some yellow/black socks.

Comment

I forgot and wore a plaid shirt to go out the day of a game, instead of my normal yellow. That was the day of the IlSU game here. Now I wear a plaid shirt on game days.

MOV with a plaid shirt is now in the 24-point range.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  All I know is when we play UNI at home and there is ice everywhere, we are in trouble. I've never been a part of a home game against UNI with perfect spring weather, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.
                  Pretty sure we crushed them in 2015 on college gameday while there was a blizzard going on.

Comment

This isn't really superstitious, but I park in the Bold Gold lot by the music buildings. I know that I have to arrive an hour early to get into that lot. With the addition of Shocker Hall, I'll usually go grab a bite to eat in that cafeteria. I've gone a couple times to RSC but it takes awhile to get food if you aren't there super early.
                    78-65

Comment

I keep looking for the game thread that NEVER comes early and think that I should start it but I NEVER will because I'm not gonna jinx it.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

During the final 4 run, I ate hot tomales, the candy, and drank Miller High Life.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          During the final 4 run, I ate hot tomales, the candy, and drank Miller High Life.
                          Together?? I am willing to do a lot for the team, but might have to draw the line at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            Together?? I am willing to do a lot for the team, but might have to draw the line at that.
                            Oh yeah. Don't knock it til you try it!
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Miller High Life? Damn. Taking one for the team ?

Comment

Working...
                              X